Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
R/c offroad
We had a great time the rocks were sweet out there. Crawling on big rock is a lot different than small rocks stacked up. We broke three rigs,
One speed control went out, one Broken rear axle housing and shaft
( a fall of about 50 feet ) and i broke a steering hub ( fell about 20 feet).
Did you get any pics?
I'll let you know, I got some pretty good deals considering what the stock ones cost. Should all be here within a week.
Shipping is taking longer than expected, hopfully will have everything by monday and then I'll post up what I have for sale, it'll just be what I paid for them. Think I got some good deals. Got Gavin the Losi 1/18 scale crawler for Christmas.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]648[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]649[/ATTACH]Had fun with my grandson today!

Attached Files
.jpg   10 sept 2010 002.jpg (Size: 266.81 KB / Downloads: 4)
.jpg   10 sept 2010 001.jpg (Size: 115.76 KB / Downloads: 4)
I have one of the extra AX-10's up for sale that I bought. Its a scorpion with the truck body. Has everything needed, battery, charger, radio, esc...etc has wheel weights and alum links. I'll try to get a picture up tomorrow. $230
Had some fun after work today.[ATTACH=CONFIG]650[/ATTACH]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

where the heck were all of you rc junkies when i lived there. i will post of a pic or 2 of a few i have. i have lost count on them at 10 or 11[COLOR="Silver"]

---------- Post added at 04:10 pm ---------- Previous post was at 03:18 pm ----------

[/COLOR]couldnt wait just a few of the many i have. first 2 and my pride and joys. the red F350 is an old tamiya bruiser made back in the 80's. some spec on it. realistic axles, frame, leaf springs and a 3 speed tranny with 2hi, 4hi, 4low. its a collectors item and go for 1000's on ebay. i still run it though but keep is cleaned up. the black blazer started life as a axial ax10 comp rock crawler i bought my last tour in iraq. as of yesterday it has drasticly changed. i put an axial honcho frame under it to give it a more realistic look. the body is painted with bed liner like its big brother and also has pitbull brand mini rockers, bumpers and a working mini warn 9.5 ti winch. winch works of the remote. then the trailer. has a working ramp ans winch to haul whatever on it. and last for today is the newest one. its an hpi e10 drifter. its awd and a blast to slide around the street or drive way. to the pics. will get some good action shots with week end of the trucks.
[Image: IMG_0008.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0010.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0009.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0011-1.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0012.jpg]
[Image: IMG_0013.jpg]
this is how the blazer looked in iraq you can tell the big difference from then to now.
[Image: 026.jpg]
[Image: 007.jpg]
last 2 from iraq[COLOR="Silver"]

---------- Post added at 04:16 pm ---------- Previous post was at 04:10 pm ----------

[/COLOR]found these in my photobucket. same tamiya bruiser with the original body, and a parma hemi coupe.
[Image: 004-1.jpg]
[Image: 008.jpg]
[Image: 006.jpg][COLOR="Silver"]

---------- Post added at 04:22 pm ---------- Previous post was at 04:16 pm ----------

[/COLOR]more from the photobucket. 1st one is a traxxas emaxx painted like my old dodge and sittin on the hood of the old dodge
[Image: Picture008.jpg]
2nd one is the same axial ax10 comp crawler, before the blazer body. action shot from iraq
[Image: 030.jpg]
[Image: 018.jpg]
[Image: 017.jpg]
[Image: 0322.jpg]
last one is mine and jeff colins's crawlers but i think flawed has his r/c now
MAN! I always wanted a Bruiser!
i got mine about 5yrs ago during my first deployment. got it off ebay for around 500. it had all the parts minus the headlights and windshield. the body needed to be stripped and repainted. ended up using the brake fluid method. got a windshield off ebay but have never got the headlights. parts are not to bad to find.
boshos Wrote:I have one of the extra AX-10's up for sale that I bought. Its a scorpion with the truck body. Has everything needed, battery, charger, radio, esc...etc has wheel weights and alum links. I'll try to get a picture up tomorrow. $230

Whats it got? somebody else buy this before i do!
went and did a little 1/10 scale 4x4 today. not for very long though. took the bruiser and the blazer. was only out long enough to use 1 bat in the blazer and 2 in the bruiser. was a nice little spot filled with rock ledges, off camber climbs, and steep drop offs. there was also a small spot of mud. i only took 2 pics and 1 vid of the blazer, i was to buisy trying to keep the bruiser from rolling and wrecking the body. this was the first run with the new honcho chassi. found some some bads about the set up. the stock battery placement needs to be moved. were it sits in the back puts to much wieght over the rear end, causing it to roll backward more then it should. only damage the was done was i did flop the bruiser on the side breaking off the pass side mirror on the F350 body. they are just glued on any way. a trip to the pit box and she was fixed. on to the pics and vid. the vid is not that good i had the camera sitting on a rock and was trying to move the camera and drive at the same time.

brings back some bad memories
[Image: 014.jpg]
[Image: 015.jpg]

vid
[Image: th_016.jpg]
I my own Battery mount to put the bat just in front of the transand i have been running the smaller 18 scale bats. Hears the new body! For running in the snow pull the foams out to get the tires to bag a lot.

Attached Files
.jpg   new zuk 002.jpg (Size: 124.76 KB / Downloads: 3)
went back out sunday to the same spot. only really used the blazer. did some more scale crawling. i had set some rules. only time i could touch the truck was to change batteries, or roll it back over after a flip. used the winch alot to keep from flippin over back wards and to winch up spots where it was to steep. ran though 4 batteries. ended up ripping the spare tire and mount off the top of the blazer body after a 25 foot roll down a steep cliff. after the day was done i did end up stripping out the servo horn for the steering. a quick fix. no pics though
boshos Wrote:i have one of the extra ax-10's up for sale that i bought. Its a scorpion with the truck body. Has everything needed, battery, charger, radio, esc...etc has wheel weights and alum links. I'll try to get a picture up tomorrow. $230

bump! Any hits on this yet?
[ATTACH=CONFIG]655[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]654[/ATTACH]I did a little tire work acouple of days ago, cut the tread and running no foams for the snow. They work great in the snow up here grainy or sticky.

Attached Files
.jpg   CUT TIRES 002.jpg (Size: 182.86 KB / Downloads: 8)
.jpg   CUT TIRES 003.jpg (Size: 178.18 KB / Downloads: 9)
looks awsome shane. i got the servo horn fixed yesterday and made a few spares. going to go back out to the same spot this weekend. taking the blazer and the bruiser again. i took the lightbar of the top of the F350 body so if she does roll body damage will be minimum. hopping to get some good action shots and maybe some more vids.
We just pick up a axial ax10, it is pretty fun
This is thebattery tray i made. I can shift the bat forward or back 1" it works great, before the bat was all the way forward and the rear would kick over on down hills. It didn't hurt climbing ether.[ATTACH=CONFIG]657[/ATTACH]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

will take a pic of my battery set up. i ended up mounting the heavier battery over the front. it powers the truck, i mount a lighter 1900 battery in the stock rear mount. this battery i there just to power the winch and winch only. i was having problems of the winch bogging down while winching and driving the truck at the same time. this has fixed that problem. batteries are charging now getting ready to switch out rims and tires, then heading out for some fun.
well finaly got out to do some r/c 4x4. we had gotten a good hard rain last night so i knew there would be some mud. well there was lots of mud and water along with the usual rocks. had a good time. got both the blazer and the bruiser full of mud. had to pull out the blazer in one spot with the F350 and the winch. did some crawling and some water crossing. to the blazer with a fresh battery to do some exploring and look for different trails and rocks. the sun was setting so it was time to make my way back to the car. hit some rock on the way back when disaster happened. had just come out of a hard line of loose rocks and tight spots between big rocks. thats when i noticed just the rear tires were spinning. ok i thought the front drive shaft loosend up off the tranny. i have had the same problem with the rear. nope. some where i broke the front output on the tranny. will post up some pic soon as i download them.
Robinson racing makes a hardend outout of that. What speedo/motor combo are you running. I am running Traxxas waterproof esc and servo in the zuk. The Creeper i went with Novak goat 18.5.
running a novak fiffty-five and the super rooster crawler esc. also running a traxxas 3ch reciever with a 3 pos toggle switch mod done to the radio. i was looking at the robinson racing tranny lock. i think im just going to buy the stock replacement for now to get it back up and running. its $10 vs $21[COLOR="Silver"]

---------- Post added at 02:07 am ---------- Previous post was at 12:47 am ----------

[/COLOR]here are the pics from today.

i had drove in this spot before when it was dry. after the hard rain yesterday it was a whole different trail. the water was deep but not to deep. the mud on the other hand was deep and sticky. got the blazer buried trying to get out of the trail.
[Image: 10-23-10001.jpg]
i brought down the bruiser/F350. i backed in the F350 and hooked up the winch. the winch was at the end of the rope and the mud had sucked the blazer in. i tried to pop the blazer out and ended up pulling the winch rope off the spool. dumby i know better. ended up hooking the rope to the front bumper and getting the blazer out with the F350.
next it was the F350's turn.
[Image: 10-23-10002.jpg]
[Image: 10-23-10003.jpg]
the lack of real power limited the F350's ability to really go though the mud. almost looks like some of the trails we have been down
[Image: 10-23-10004.jpg]
after the battery died in the F350 i ran the blazer for a few more batteries. i went back to this hole from time to time. with the sun setting this is what really ended the day. this is the front mip drive shaft with the output shaft of the tranny broke off inside.
[Image: 10-23-10008.jpg]
[Image: 10-23-10009.jpg]
the finial shot before the tear down starts and the cleaning begins
[Image: 10-23-10010.jpg][COLOR="Silver"]

---------- Post added at 03:15 am ---------- Previous post was at 02:07 am ----------

[/COLOR]broken output shaft
[Image: 10-23-10011.jpg]
[Image: 10-23-10013.jpg]
Looks like fun, I need to get some real stuff done so I can go play with mine.
I want to have a rc party @ my place. It would be fun to try out our rc track we have been making
Post a time and i am ready to wheel!