Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mud Bogg Season approaching!
if we could get me, Joe, slats and a few others, like Darrick and Scott, we might be able to have an entertaining time.
Darick will walk past me with his yokos. Probably do it even faster when he gets his nittos.

I need my LTB's. :p If that guy wants my AT's when he gets here, I'll order them right away. I'll just sipe them for next winter if I can't come across any other cheap BFG's before then.
Hey Kevin, did you ever get any tentative dates for this???
What I do know is this:

FIRST RACE IS JUNE 9TH

Which....:mad: I'll be in Juneau for!
Justin's and mine tires are grooved and i believe it put us in the modified class .
Fix_It Wrote:Justin's and mine tires are grooved and i believe it put us in the modified class .

That is correct.
Can you get me a rule book or the contact info to someone that can? Not useing them , but my 46" MXL's are DOT and street legal. What would happen in that case? What about motor size, Turbos and supercharges on 4cyl motors? what class do you need to have a cage and do they ever check and inspect any of the rigs?
When I did it last year they asked what all you had on the vehicle. Bigger motors, power adders and such moved you up in class. I never seen them looking at one vehicle. But yeah it'd probably be better to get the rules from the source.
holeski Wrote:Can you get me a rule book or the contact info to someone that can? Not useing them , but my 46" MXL's are DOT and street legal. What would happen in that case? What about motor size, Turbos and supercharges on 4cyl motors? what class do you need to have a cage and do they ever check and inspect any of the rigs?

They are working on rule books and plan to have a meeting soon. I willpost up when and where as soon as I know. For a reference you can call Jill at NP Napa - her brother Ren is the one who is organizing them and she runs her sled every year, so she is in the know.

4/6 cyl motors = Class 1
Small block v-8's = Class 2
Big Block non nitrous = Class 3
Moddified = Class 4 - must have a cage, and supposed to have a fire repression system if Nitrous is used. requires a fire suit as well. I do know they inspect these rigs.

I believe that if they are DOT street legal tires then they are fin for class 1-3. If they are cut or tractor tires then you are put in class 4
ParrishRacing Wrote:The first race is JUNE 9
second race is JULT 14-15 ,
and last is AUGUST 18 .

The rule books will be ready this week if all goes good ,
we have two web address:
parrishracing@hotmail.com or offroadren@yahoo.com,
feel free to ask for more info.
THANKS ParrishRacing

Got this today via PM. I assume ParrishRacing is Ren, who is planning all the mud boggs. I also talked with him yesterday a bit.
More information: I talked to Ren today and he had read this posting.
He said that siping tires, and grooving tires may not automatically send you to class 4.
Only if lugs are missing do they consider them cut.

I need to post a link to Justin's tires here so he can look and see, but he said he thinks they'll be ok.

What about these, Ren?
[Image: 101_0031.JPG]

Or these?
[Image: IMG_0129.jpg]

Another shot =

[Image: IMG_0131.jpg]

What says the rules folks????
Bah, class 4!

Gimme a chance, at least Idea
Oh Man I remember the mud! I also remember Goeff taking off his winch and anything else he could to loose wieght before the mud runs. He did beat me so maybe I should have thought ahead also. It was a blast.
T-minus 7 days.

Who's running?
I plan on it. I plan on only doing one as the other ones will be after my knee surgery. Let's get as many of us out there as we can and go have some fun. Don't worry about winning I know I'm ot just go to have fun. Also afterwards I might have a BBQ at the house for my B-day.
I'll be up north at work...and for the one in July, but I will be home for the August race and may do that one.
Seeing as how the sat run is rescheduled I'll be trying to go to the mud boggs. ANyone else going to race or just watch? Races start at 1pm check in is 10am-12pm. $30 per vehicle covers driver and co-pilot pit pass. I'm hoping to have a buddy with me and if others just want to come out it's $10 for others to get a pit pass with me. Now just to find another helmet before sat for really cheap seeing as mine got sold int he yard sale. ANyone got one I can buy for extremely cheap or borrow for the weekend?
I have a few helmets you could choose from.
It's either this or fairbanks creek..Chrissy's got deadlines so she'll need me to watch my daughter. Otherwise I'll take her along...
You can bring her on out too and watch. I think the age minimum for the pits is 10yrs old.
I might take the boys and spectate.
Lawson had both his boys inthere. I believe his youngest was bout 6/7.
But I think I recall Ian Whitebread not being allowed last year. He was 2.
probably won't go without a ride...kinda short on cash lately.
Oh dang never mind...forgot these were in town. Yeah, I'll go and watch. Big Grin
Just to watch from the stands?
Quote:The lowdown:

Race dates are as follows:

June 9
July 14 - 15 (Saturday qualifying, Sunday elimination)
August 18
Races start at 1pm. Check in time is 10am to 12pm

Entry Fee is $30 per truck. This covers driver and co-pilot pit passes
Additional pit passes are $10 each - there is no limit on pit passes
Concessions and alcohol will be provided, no alcohol in the pits.

General Rules:
Seat belts and helmets required for driver and passenger.
No loose items in the vehicle. Battery must be secured.
Eye protection required in the form of goggles, face shield, or windshield.
Pit and track speed of 5mph at all times.
All vehicles must carry a fire extinguisher in reach of the driver at all times.
Must be at least 14 years of age to be in the pits.

Snowmachines:
Engine size: Open. Modification allowed.
Both feet must be on running boards while racing.
Rider must have shoes and pants.
Snowmachine must have a tether and mud flap.
Eye protection is required

Class 1
Engine: 4 or 6 cylinders, modifications and multiple carburetion permitted.
Nitrous/Blowers: Not permitted
Fuel: Gasoline and diesel only
Tires: DOT approved uncut street legal tires 38" max
Safety requirements: Seat belts or safety harness and helmet. Open top or soft top vehicles must have a minimum 4-point roll cage.
Passengers: One passenger permitted. Passengers are subject to all rules, regulations, and safety requirements as the driver.

Class 2
Engine: V-8, 370 CI and under, modifications and multiple carburetion permitted.
Tires: DOT approved uncut street legal tires 44" max
Safety requirements: Seat belts or safety harness and helmet. Open top or soft top vehicles must have a minimum 4-point roll cage.
Passengers: One passenger permitted. Passengers are subject to all rules, regulations, and safety requirements as the driver.

Class 3
Engine: V-8, 371 CI and over, modifications and multiple carburetion permitted.
Tires: DOT approved uncut street legal tires 44" max

Class 4
Engine: Any size/displacement, modification, multiple carburetion permitted.
Nitrous/Blowers: Permitted, however, a combination of the two is prohibited. If equipped with nitrous, a shut-off valve must be within easy reach of the driver. Bottle must be securely fastened to vehicle. If blower equipped, SFI approved straps and restraints are required.
Fuel: Gasoline, diesel, and alcohol are permitted
Tires: Farm implement, cut DOT, or other.
Safety requirements: 4 point safety harness and helmet. Open top or soft-top vehicles must have a minimum 6 point roll cage. Fire suit required with NOS or alcohol.
Passengers: One passenger permitted. Passengers are subject to all rules, regulations, and safety requirements as driver.

Hope that helps. Lemme know if you have any questions!
Carissa

One more note: If your racing on Saturday please use the Lathrop St. entrance to the raceway. Spectators use the Peger Rd entrance as usual.
Posted on MMMH I believe she is one of the ones organizing it as they were doing a radio promo and commercial for it today. I thought it was 10yrs last year but this says 14
AKMark Wrote:Just to watch from the stands?

For some reason I thought these were in Delta. Forgot they were in town this year.