Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mud Bogg Season approaching!
I was contacted by Dianne - who is Ren's wife - who are the couple that organized the Fairbanks mud bogg races last year.

They have been in negotiations with the track people, and have been working all winter to make this season better. They are working on getting a light tree system put up similar to the ones in Delta.

They also want to host some other events - such as offering an RTI ramp session at one of the mud boggs - I had mentioned last year that we have a reamp and could probably donate it's use. It would be good publicity for us (my opinion)

They are planning on having a meeting here soon to discuss things for this coming summer. I will keep you all informed as I get more information.
Sounds great.

Man I need to hurry and build the next rig.
Definitely going to be there with video camera in hand. If I can find a video camera worth a ****.
AKMark Wrote:Sounds great.

Man I need to hurry and build the next rig.

If you dont get it done in time, theres always human mud racing, I know my kids enjoyed it last summer Big Grin
I'll be there. If the XJ is ready I might run one race. It was fun last year. I made a few mistakes and it cost me but I didn't expect to do as good as I did. Is the ramp something we would do for them or just let them borrow the ramp? The rigs I seen there last year wouldn't fair too well onthe ramp for the most part but I guess it's all for fun.
it would be fun to run against someone with a comparable rig to mine...
I'll run it once just for the heck of it. Not a lot of power, but I'll put her in 4 LO and let the diesel scream...Governors are cool.
If I ran it I'd stop in the first 30 feet i'm sure. I doubt I'd even be able to launch. From what I see in pics...that stuff is deep and slimy...AT's = slicks.

But I'll probably give it a run just to see.
We should make an AO event out of it..
when in doubt throttle out
Joe a 15 yr old kid ran a stock bronco II on 30" tires last year. lan 1 he was fine, lane two he didn't make it 30'
Wasnt there a XJ on rockwells that barely made it thru, that thing was really dissapointing, I `ve got that on video somewhere maybe soon I can dig it out.
STOMPR Wrote:Wasnt there a XJ on rockwells that barely made it thru, that thing was really dissapointing, I `ve got that on video somewhere maybe soon I can dig it out.

I didn't notice the axles, I thought someone said they were close to stock, with stock gearing - and that was why he couldn't turn thos huge tundra tires he put on there. It was a ridiculous display of inadequacy.
I ran it last year and it was a ggod time wish I was up ther to do it again.
I only have a 4 Cyl and did OK. made it through. I was the quiest truck out there. alot of people had to ask thereselfs if I stalled because they couldn't hear my engin.
heh, stalled but still moving. :p
naturalbornmudder Wrote:it would be fun to run against someone with a comparable rig to mine...

As Justin just mentioned, he ran - and they have different classes.

Usually 4/6 cyl are together though (class 1). However, if we get enough participation I'm sure they would split the 4's and 6's.
Then small blocks (class 2)
Then strokers - big blocks, 383-502+ (Class 3)
Then super modified - nitrous, tractor tires, etc... (class 4)

All in class 1-3 have to have street legal tires, that are uncut.
I dunno if the lil' T has enough gumption to rooster mud off the tires but I might be able to get 2nd gear lo range. Hi range it out of the question.
naturalbornmudder Wrote:I dunno if the lil' T has enough gumption to rooster mud off the tires but I might be able to get 2nd gear lo range. Hi range it out of the question.

Remeber John and Leni's last run - I think you could do better than you give your lil squirrels credit for!
And class 0, MTRs with any engine.
Quote: And class 0, MTRs with any engine.
you have no room to talk, as I too remember Jon and Leni's going away run...
Geoff you should be cringing right now and I will be getting a phone call in .....
5, 4, 3, 2.......
Keep talking Pal.
No winches allowed in the Boggs. :troutslap:
admit it, you got yer arse handed to you that night :thefinger: ...as we all did...:oops: Big Grin :p

There was a big faux pau made that night...not taking a big chebby back in with us:whistle:

In fact, travelling further down memory lane, I recall a desperate sidelong run out and around the group of stucks because the pull-pal and Donnies TJ were the only things not stuck at that particular instant. Donnies Jeep not being stuck is a good thing, the pull pal not sticking was bad. And whom did we anchor to?

Now back on topic, who won out between Lawson and Slats at the last mud bog?
Oh boy.

Geoff...there was a comparo done between various mud tires in the mud, and the MTR came out pretty high on the list...I was surprised as well. Kinda regret getting rid of mine way back when.
lucky for me Geoff can take a joke or he might nuke my other computerBig Grin Big Grin Big Grin
I beat Lawson. Made a full-run on the 4th heat.
TJVigilante Wrote:Oh boy.

Geoff...there was a comparo done between various mud tires in the mud, and the MTR came out pretty high on the list...I was surprised as well. Kinda regret getting rid of mine way back when.

By a magazine fully open to sponsor funding, in California mud.
I stand by my experiences that MTRs suck for off-roading in interior Alaska.