Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Update your rig status here!
Unit bearing changed. Two wheel studs changed. Still has a squeak in the front end but feels better going down the road.
On my '98 XJ - new unit bearings, all new brakes (drums, rotors, shoes, pads, springs, cables, etc), new front axleshafts, ordered a Tom Woods front driveshaft, new crank position sensor, readjust rear hatch handle, new anti-sway bar bushings and end links. I think I'm going to try and sell it soon.

'94 XJ - charged the battery and disconnected power from the remote start unit. It had a very slight electrical drain that would kill the battery after a couple of months of sitting. And I honestly can't remember the last time I used the remote start since moving away from Fairbanks. :rockon:
Zuk almost back together, Springs in, new shock mount done and test drove. I didn't gain any wheel travel but the ride is alot better. caved in fender is bent out as good as it will get, needs to be painted and marker light installed.
XJ now has a back window thanks to Donald. I welded some tow points on the front today as well as straightened up some wiring. Found the sources of my klunk. Also found oil in the intake. PCV is bad. Hoping to get parts to fix the klunk this week. If not I'll be listening to it on the trail. Gotta pull the starter and clean it up. It was froze last night. I think this will get me by for Jakes run. Then it'll have to get some serious work.
Research is a good thing. The 4.0 doesn't use a PCV system. Instead it is a CCV system. Basically no PCV valve. Both firings are just open. One has a smaller orifice. Both of mine are clear. So this is not the cause of oil in the intake. Next step is to check the baffles in the valve cover. If its not this then most likely caused by bad rings and valve seals.
I guess we learn every day, what was that noise that sounded like a ball rattling when we shook it?
The grommet moving on it. I wondered the same thing. Held the grommet tight shook it and nothing.
Doing stuff in Kyles (MOFO) garage:

[Image: IMG_1698.jpg]

Replacing top windshield seal, throttle cable and rebuilding carb:

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v664/9...G_1699.jpg

to bad I lost a part..hope the dealer has it, not looking forward to paying 27 bucks shipping for a part that would only cost a postage stamp to send.
Pulled the engine on my sons truck today, now I just need a replacement for it. I moved my jeep around today, found a antifreeze leak. I guess I need to figure that out before the weekend.
A plugged air intake, ( water logged air filter) can cause oil to get into the intake manifold.
I htink that may have been part of the problem. I think it's a combo of many things. I pulled the valve cover and removed the baffles to clean them out. So now everything is clean and clear. Nothing is clogged. Gonna try to wipe up as much as the oil in the intake as possible to see if it still happens. But I believe I need to really start looking at the other motor or selling the XJ.
i saw a picture of mine with flat tires and covered in snow ....
My 01 dodge has another flat tire.
blazer runs, but is frozen for the winter.
Ordered parts to make my bumpers, going to buy some steel tomorrow for my sliders.
I touched mine, its still in Kyles garage. My new axle is still in the bed of the dodge....my bank account looks like Uncle Sams right now.
i looked at mine this weekend. thought of cleaning it off. went back inside to work on my paper. Sad
New water pump, bigger radiator and header = going thru bumper deep snow and not getting stupid hot engine temps. Even at 6,000 rpm for 20 mins. 90 dripping on glasspack will catch on fire.
I'm getting registration this year. That's all I'm doing. See you boys at M&G!!
I now have an 80 chevy truck 4"lift and 35 AT's
Needs the fuel pump moved due to overheating and vapor lock.

Kris' canyon frame is fixed and should be running soon.

Kael's Jeep is getting closer to the top of the list of projects

Skitzo has brand new 38.5 x 11 TSL Boggers on the way from anchorage - should be in my garage Saturday evening.
...Also have a new intake (victor Jr air gap) and MSD ignition system. Once I get the intake water proofed we should be good to go!

Blazer is still sitting there... glaring at me.

Kris said we could start working on her '41 once Kael's Jeep is running!!!
BIGBOY:
Broke down and patched leaking tire.
Replaced bad valve core.
Removed tire chains for the summer.
Ran a compression check. All good.
Removed factory restriction in air intake.
Set the timing. It was retarded a few degrees.
Found a DIRTY air filter. Replacing it tomorrow when NAPA opens. Cleaned it out for now.

Mini-Me:
Drug it out of the snow and trailered it to the shop in preparation for a motor transplant.

Project Razor Slayer:
Dug out the tent that all the DOM is stored in.
Found the missing box of parts with the wiring harness.
Found a wiring diagram online.
Found a source for the missing ignition components online.

Calico:
Stood there for awhile and watched the snow melt off it while dreaming of getting it put back together.
It's coming to the shop as soon as Mini-Me is moving under it's own power again.
Starting to swap the head unit. That being intake, exhaust and head as one.

Investigating the new bad sounds and found this

.jpg   ImageUploadedByTapatalk1369452898.496520.jpg (Size: 169 KB / Downloads: 9)

Gotta get a new radiator cap and try to fix Shane's fix. That wasn't a good idea.

Hoping to get a couple of the busted lights and fan shroud this upcoming week.
been working on my bronco 2 , 2'' lift installed, new camber bushings , reciever hitch for front just needs welding finished, egr air tube almost off without breaking bolts. new brakes all around and 1 front break line. just alittle more work and it's road worthy.
Moved Calico to the shop and pulled its 203/205 to donate to BIGBOY.

Partially dissasembled the the 205 to install the twin stick shift rails and replace a few seals. (Took pictures for future write up)

After a short break, it's back to the shop to install it in BIGBOY and modify the floor pan for the tripple stick shifter.

The 1410 Yokes I ordered were supposed be here yesterday but didn't show up. When they get here I'll install them and get measurements for the new driveshaft.

Mini-Me is still behind the shop waiting for it's motor transplant. It seems to keep falling from the top of the list.
BIGBOY now has a 108:1 crawl ratio and an in-cab jungle Jim of shifters. Floor pan is modified. I still need to tweak the bends in a couple of shift sticks and put everything back together. Yokes are in town.
78calico Wrote:BIGBOY now has a 108:1 crawl ratio and an in-cab jungle Jim of shifters. Floor pan is modified. I still need to tweak the bends in a couple of shift sticks and put everything back together. Yokes are in town.

108:1? Dang, if it wasn't for gravity it could scale buildings like spiderman.
The XJ is sitting leaking diff fluid and waiting for the head to be pulled. I got sick yesterday and couldn't get out to get it done. It's ready to come off just got to go do it sometime between jobs.