Arctic Offroad Forums
Update your rig status here! - Printable Version

+- Arctic Offroad Forums (http://www.arcticoffroad.com)
+-- Forum: Talk (http://www.arcticoffroad.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: General 4X4 (http://www.arcticoffroad.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Update your rig status here! (/showthread.php?tid=120)

Update your rig status here! - naturalbornmudder - 16 Dec 05

Where is your rig at, mod wise/ Where is it going from here? What has been done since your last photo op or run?

Project Lil' T grows in 6 month intervels. June 05 was 35" tires, bombproof motor mounts. Coming in the very near future(around Christmas day), lil' T will have a SYE, CV driveshaft, CB installed, Holeproof trail cage, and red and black Wet Okele seat covers.

I am still debating on whether or not to go low-COG using 2" spacers and stock TJ coils to get max flex like Pat does. I am also thinking of either a hybrid flat fender project with widers flatties or a tub/baja fender project.

Long term future, I still need a dependable rear axle, gears, motor and Tranny combo

My last mod was the addition of my Holeproof stinger.
My last trail ride was Banner Creek for Jake's Run 05.
My latest trail damage was destroying 2 fender flares on Jakes Run.
My last temporary immobilization was on Manchu for Manchu Madness

Update your rig status here! - michaeljr5 - 16 Dec 05

Let's see.

Bought rig.
Kicked rig.
Almost tipped rig over.
Can't drive rig.
Ran outta gas.

Actually, I haven't done much to it.
Got my fire extinguisher installed this morning.
Took the back seat out last week. It's roomy now.
Think I got the alignment some what managable.
Just need to get 4 31 mts and I'm good for now.

Designing the new bumpers
Designed the roll cage. (Can't afford it, but I got it designed.)
Oh, think I finally got the funny smell outta the interior.

That's it. Glad she's not much to look at, kinda hurts the eyes.

Update your rig status here! - sevenslats - 16 Dec 05

I haven't hugged my jeep in a long time. Right now it's naked, awaiting assistance to install the hard top so it can sit outside all winter. Cry
My ZJ needs indoor storage. :duel:

Update your rig status here! - LowNSlowNeon - 16 Dec 05

Got ZUK running.... not great but running.

Next step :

It's being taken to mousee's monday afternoon.. a week (+/- a day or so ) from Monday.. it'll be a completely different Zuk... spring over lift w/ 33" swampers , spool in the rear / cage / tow points / 5:1 t-case gears / etc :yes1:

After that : I'll probably find the vacuum line diagram and make sure all my vacuum lines are right (perhaps the reason for rough idle but fine performance ? )

:yes1:

Last trail : N/A I've never been on a real trail run.. just mullins pit. :oops: :oops: :oops:

Update your rig status here! - Advent - 16 Dec 05

Mine's in a different parking lot now.

Update your rig status here! - STOMPR - 16 Dec 05

My XJ was last run on fbks creek :yes1:
Last carnage was on said run ,found out why everyone calls them Dana turdy fives
Took minor body damage on that same incident also, luckily didnt lose my rear cargo window. Thanks to Mousee rear exploded axle was replaced with donor from TJ. Up and running fine now but having front end issues, balljoints? Johnny joints? havent determined, but it does need to be fixed before it goes out on the trail again Sad I have SYE and CV driveshaft and custom longarms setup with ACOS I am happy with but next I need to upgrade axle(s) custom bumpers fabbed :weld: tire carrier rear and winch front. Then think about exo cage 8)

Update your rig status here! - holeski - 16 Dec 05

Yeah where do I start and with what rig? In the last say 2.5 months. My YJ got a flat belly plate, 44 front axle with 4.56 gear and an ARB, rear corner armor, stinger and tire carrier. There is still more.

Update your rig status here! - akdsmer - 16 Dec 05

Thursday afternoon I installed new front springs and my super swampers. I also cleaned out my heater core (SNL will be asking me how Tongue ), new wiper blades and reinstalled the winch for this weekend.

A month ago I installed the rear spool and front locker.

Still gotta install the CB and the new seats, spare carrier/rear bumper combo.

Update your rig status here! - K20 - 17 Dec 05

I took off the whole front end, except the bumper.
interior is close to gutted.
spare cab is gutted, awaiting me to bedline the floor.
engine is disconnected and waiting to be removed for a rebuild.

Update your rig status here! - LowNSlowNeon - 17 Dec 05

akdsmer Wrote:Thursday afternoon I installed new front springs and my super swampers. I also cleaned out my heater core (SNL will be asking me how Tongue ), new wiper blades and reinstalled the winch for this weekend.

A month ago I installed the rear spool and front locker.

Still gotta install the CB and the new seats, spare carrier/rear bumper combo.

You're too far ahead of me :? :oops: :lol:

Update your rig status here! - Advent - 17 Dec 05

K20 Wrote:I took off the whole front end, except the bumper.

You're building the truck back up again?

Update your rig status here! - Timmae - 17 Dec 05

well, i started off with a 99 dodge ram 1500 sport and well i no longer do.

I have upgraded in my mind. Recently bought a 2003 dodge dakota.
V8 4.7l
ext cab
short bed
has a killer sound system so ill be bumping them tunes for the rides

need to do
SAS compliments of Mousee
35" tires
8000lb winch
custom bumpers front and rear - more compliments of Mousee
then ill be happy.

Update your rig status here! - akram - 17 Dec 05

I have managed to do almost nothing with mine. I managed to get my exhaust put back on a lil' while back. removed silencer ring in turbo. Did a tone ring mod to advance timing.
Managed to wreck it and now it sits at College Collision.

Future: Step bars so wife quits complaining about having to jump in.
4" lift and tires and wheels.
custom bumper like the road armor one.
Edge Juice or TST box

Or dump money into another vehicle to make for mostly trail use.

Update your rig status here! - GreatWhite - 17 Dec 05

97 tj
super dana 35
warn full floater kit
35" tires (soon to be 36")
1" pucks
4" suspension
3" bod
rhino lined about everything you can
513 gears
roll cage

wish list is: arb lockers, winch, and new tire carrier

Update your rig status here! - KodiakDodge - 17 Dec 05

Quote:Where is your rig at, mod wise/ Where is it going from here? What has been done since your last photo op or run?

My Dodge is currently getting a tune up all synthetic fluids, new Ball Joints, New front shocks Rancho 5000's (Blew out the Rancho 9012's this summer), Block heater/ Trany Pan heater/ Battery wrap heater, and swapped from my trail doors to the stock doors.
My TJ got the new rear bumper last week, Tune up, Block heater/ Battery wrap heater.

Not much in the way of mods. Had to ditch alot of the stuff I had planned. I still have a set of 60's that I need to sell here in Kodiak. Once I get to Fairbanks and get settled in I would like to start looking for another set of axles to do a build on. Ford D60 frontend and a Rear D70 out of a Dodge. Fabrication wise I eventually would like to build a custom flatbed out of a mix of square stock and tube. Suspension wise I would like to lengthen my long arms by 1 to 1 1/2" pushing my frontend forward and install jonny joints at each end. My rearend needs a new set of shackles.

Update your rig status here! - canchaser - 17 Dec 05

ok.........

bought goodies:
3inch lift
30/35 axles
33 thornbirds
pretty optima battery
fully rhino lined interior
xm goody setup
marine grade stereo and equipment
ARB frontend locker
dana nospin in the rear
4.11 gearing
etc.

stuff I want to do
different top
add a sound bar
stinger bumpers
a winch
neoprene seat covers

Update your rig status here! - K20 - 17 Dec 05

Advent Wrote:
K20 Wrote:I took off the whole front end, except the bumper.

You're building the truck back up again?

what can i say, i change my mind alot :ROL:

but yea, i am. it wont be my main project though, its gonna be my side project, so it will take a while.

Update your rig status here! - AZRedRockJK - 17 Dec 05

The XJ hasn't seen much new stuff in a while, except for new rear shackles that were same replacements, so nothing visual. I'll be grinding smooth the F8.8 axle that'll go underneath a few days after X-mas. Detroit in the rear, same 3.55 gears, but new Alloy shafts, and a custom truss for the 8.8 and the D30.

Missy's TJ has seen much attention lately as we prep for the spring run to Moab. First, she broke the D35. Then we slide a F8.8 underneath. Sold the hardtop, and replaced it with a Bestop Supertop. Now it's getting a custom cage, 4.10s, Alloy shafts and a Eaton locker in the rear. I better get over to the shop and start tearing down the 8.8 internals for the new stuff.

Update your rig status here! - crazy4ink - 17 Dec 05

naturalbornmudder Wrote:Where is your rig at, mod wise/ Where is it going from here? What has been done since your last photo op or run?

The Jeep is almost where I want it to be; until it becomes a trail-only rig and then it's game on!!!

From here, I'm thinking about a supercharger to give me more power for highway cruising (since I do so much of it)

Nothing new since the full coilover conversion. Still need to finish the other 3 rims with the beadlock rings

Future plans:
install CB
install rear anti-rock (parts sitting in mousee's garage)
strip carpet out of interior and rhino-line
comp cut the rear
fuel cell
4.88s
38" IROKs

That's enough to hold me over for a while.

Update your rig status here! - TJVigilante - 17 Dec 05

Well, my baby is still stock-ish for now, just 31's on new wheels, a pair of KC Daylighters and a trimmed front bumper and no water wings. Everything else is purely cosmetic.

Planned:
Full-width axles, 33x15.50 tires, 4.56 gears(front bought, rear needed and install kits), lockers, 4" total lift, some skidplates and a 9.5ti Warn winch.

Update your rig status here! - AK20 - 17 Dec 05

Junked the 4" lift and 36" swampers. Swapped in D60 front, 8" BDS front springs, ORD X-over steering, ORD HD front shackles, swapped in SM465(4spd Man.) and NP205 in favor of crappy 700-r4/NP208, ORD 4" rear shackle flip kit, 4" BDS rear springs, two brand new driveshafts, and most importantly 40" BOGGERS on 16.5x12 Rockcrawler 51's.

Still need to do: need to install the 4.56 gears I have for the rear, also need to install the shiney brand new winch that's been sitting in my garage for 3 months! Need to finish the front winch bumper, and get that and the winch mounted...

Upcoming mods would be a Lock Right for the front, fab up a new rear bumper. Then get the inside dash and guages finished up, and maybe a tool box for the bed to throw all my junk in...oh and I need a full size spare.

MOST IMPORTANTLY WOULD BE TO GET THE TRUCK ON THE TRAIL FOR IT'S MAIDEN RUN WITH THE NEW MODS!!!!!

Update your rig status here! - AKMark - 18 Dec 05

Well let's see.

Currently throwing an AX-15 in the ZJ, the automatic was making me mad on the trails.

Want to build front and rear bumpers, front with a winch, rear with a tire carrier

New 4.5" lift, crappy 3.5" EZ-ride is shot and don't want to pay shipping for new lift to AK

33" mudders and A/T's after lift is replaced.

Sliders

4.10 or 4.56 gears with OX, or ARB lockers. (I've run a locker in snow and hated it)

Oh the list is endless, and the wallet is always empty.

Update your rig status here! - Bulldawg - 02 Jan 06

1991 Toyota

Just gotta get that ignition fixed and its going on the market!!!

06 Rubicon

Got my CB wired and installed, just gotta get the antenna in the mail.
GPS Mount is on the way too.
Working on getting my net partition set up (Thanks Holeski)
Waiting on my 2" Budget Boost from Rubicon Express (Thanks Mousee)
Going to try to come up with an efficient way to get 2 5gal Jerry Cans mounted (Thanks Holeski)

Of coarse the Rubi already has a pretty darn good head start, but when I get to NC, I'll save up for some good armor, atleast a 4" lift and 35's, custom swing a way, 9.5 ti Warn Winch, and i'm sure i can get one step closer to divorce with finding other stuff to spend money on... haha

Update your rig status here! - sevenslats - 03 Jan 06

sevenslats Wrote:I haven't hugged my jeep in a long time. Right now it's naked, awaiting assistance to install the hard top so it can sit outside all winter. Cry
My ZJ needs indoor storage. :duel:
Put the hard top on the TJ, and found out the rear axle is broken. So now it's the one sitting out in the cold. Shopping for axle upgrades.
Took the ZJ out to mullins-manchu last week, and had a blast. need armor, though.

Update your rig status here! - AKLJ8 - 04 Jan 06

82 CJ8 I just did a re-gear of the stock axles. Went from 3.73 to 4.11. Put a Detroit locker in the rear and WARN shafts and hub conversion in the front. Had the tub lined a few months ago and replaced the tail lights and front markers with new lights. Got a set of 1/2 doors for the summer and got black painted hardware installed.

Future plans... Bumpers, wench and an ARB for the front end. Next big project is the stroker 4.0. Have 95 % of the parts and need to get some stuff to a machine shop.

My 66 Amphicar... Stripped and waiting for attention. I really need to get back to this project. It whimpers and cries when ever I take a wrench to the jeep... Needs body work and I'll start in on putting it back together. Once I get going on it I should have it on the road, and in the water, in about six months.

Update your rig status here! - gamble71 - 04 Jan 06

94 explorer, 6in skyjacker lift with trxus m/t's. Still need an extended rear brake line and a 2in bodylift. Mousse is building a bumper in feb, and I'm covering it in durabak this summer. That'll be it for alaska as I have a D44/9in combo and C4/D20 waiting for it in W.Va.