Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Update your rig status here!
new u joints in the DD/towpig's drivelines. 95k miles and the ORIGINAL U joints were in there. Needless to say, I had fun cutting them out.
[Image: 1220191056.jpg]
[Image: 1220215740.jpg]
Finally got time to put a timing light on the Sami, only 10 degrees advanced more than it needed to be. Toned it down 10 degrees and it sounds so much more happier.

Project Geo Tracker short found. O2 sensor wires after the cat were laying on the exhaust. Fried all the wires and half way up the harness. Easy fix, just cut the wires, it fired right up and drove it around the neighbor hood. Was gonna replace the O2 sensor harness but they are 117 dollars. It can wait until the motor gets pulled and put in the Sami.

Big Sami still awaiting travel arrangements to come up here. Looking like it might be a while.
cool! cant wait to see it! once you get it you will have to roll it too! hehe
Going to start ordering parts for the big zuk this payday.
Zukman Wrote:Going to start ordering parts for the big zuk this payday.

what is on the list of parts to come?
1. fender flares
2. rear disc brakes
3. rear springs
i thought you were going to upgrade to a :teaseConfusednowmachine motor[COLOR="Silver"]

---------- Post added at 02:32 pm ---------- Previous post was at 02:31 pm ----------

[/COLOR]but in all seriousness, what springs are you going with?
41" long 2" wide 685lb rating.
We should be actually pulling the motor for Kael's Jeep out of the donor '02 Blazer today.
For the dodge
After $90 both diff fluids changed and the t-case fluid changed. Slight noise doesn't seem to be there now. I'll find out on the way to work tomorrow. Now to get my expensive ball joints ordered and a new axle seal for the rear driver side.

The XJ still sits buried in snow.
awesome! good to know. Ill be doing my inspection when I get my 01 dodge out of the garage. Ill be on the hunt for synthetic -diff and t case fluid this week.
Napa has both. Be prepared to pay for it though. $7.50 for per qt for valvoline ATF+4. $12.35 per qt for valvoline synthetic gear oil for limited slip 75W90. You need 7. An 8th bottle is nice as I've neede it before for a few ounces.
nice and bright yellow top deep cycle battery,in the Lj...

wanted deep cycle for plow work

sams club has the best prices
Dodge still has a slight whine type sound but only in 4WD. I believe the front bearing on the t-case is going. Which sucks since I just a bunch of money in fluids into it. I'm going to look into a rebuild kit for it and may be doing that soon.
Rear disc brake mounts on the way. I will be going line locks F&R. Rear springs on hold till i get some of this done first.
Dodge: New rebuildable ball joints installed. No more clunking when going over bumps. Steers completely different now. Wanders on the road a bit now. But it needs new tires and an allignment which will hopefully happen by the weekend if I can get time to actually go get the tires and such.

Jeep: Still sitting buried in the snow. Hoping it can stay a little warmer for a bit. If so I'm going to clear it off and thaw it out. I'll move it around front so I can do a few small things on it every now and then. got to tow a POS VW from the front to back first though as it's in the way. The snow depth may make this a problem.

Tired Iron: Needing to find a DS. I have one that needs the CV rebuilt but not sure yet if it will fit. I'll get it measured soon. If so I'll be searching for some new tires to put on it and start driving it.
We can rebuid the cv.
I found out the caliper problem, I am missing the caliper carrier if you know some one else with a sammy i need these parts.

If i find the i am going to work on it this weekend.
Need a hand Sunday bleeding the brakes and putting the soft top on.
I may have time to come by. Maybe go shoot afterwards as well.
Spent a few hours installing an 8k winch on K9 at the hobby shop. All I need is a pos battery wire and I am FMC. Here is a pic after it was installed[Image: 42e658db-4c4f-31f7.jpg]
And the winch
[Image: 42e658db-4c81-fb75.jpg]
[Image: 42e658db-4c96-b5c1.jpg]
Big zuk up and ready.
Zukman Wrote:Big zuk up and ready.

:poke: He said BIG ZUK again.
Shake down run!!!
K-5 (Blaze): Still needs the front DS installed and the PS pump changed. Maybe I can get to it on the 31st. Once it warms up I will be working on bumpers, rocker protection and mounting up the winch.

Burb (Rattle): Gotta change the inside driver's door handle, and fix the lock to the RR door and the rear barn doors. Also have to cover and seal the holes in the right rear that used to have coolant lines to the rear heater that is no longer there. I'm sick of cold air flooding through those... Also need to fix the ignition switch wiring that has a few issues and the heater fan relay which is keeping the HI setting from working.

I've got to get things fixed up for spring wheeling!
latest body mod on my DD:banghead:
[Image: 0308190727.jpg]

keeping it straight with 4500 lbs on the back:
[Image: 0305190147.jpg]

snow rated!
[Image: 0309113808.jpg]