Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Update your rig status here!
Peter you could have asked and I would have told you that you can't fit a wheel smaller than 17". I wouldn't go too much higher with out changing your gears. But 35's will fit the way it sits just wont get full turn of the steering wheel. Your tires are just shy of 32's now.
265/75 r17 is the size. Just a hair under my used 33's

I like the spacer lift, It leveled the truck out and did not cost much at all. I am probably going to keep the tires I have on it for now. when they go bald I will bump em up to a 33 or 34 inch tire. My 35's on the 01 dodge are more like a 34 inch tire now since they are low on tread!
just an FYI the 265/75/17 is good for towing with 3.73 gears if you have 4.10s i would step up to 285/70/17 it will drop your RPMs a bit and help with fuel mileage any more than that and you will see a loss in fuel mileage and be putting alot of stress on front end parts and the trans especially when towing.
I agree. I found this out the hard way.
what were you running mel?
3.73 gears and 265/70 17 tires. At one point I went up to 305's and that was the mistake. Even 285's with my gears dropped my mileage a bit. As much as we hate engineers sometimes there is the occasion when they get something right. And usually tire size and gears is that occasion. For a DD and tow rig I don't change much anything at all.
sweet, looks like im staying where i am at. Im still standing by my 2 inch spacer leveling kit! I love the look, i spent the extra $$ putting in new shocks while i was at it, and I do not notice any difference in the handling. No bumpsteer or sway difference.
I'm running 285/75R16's on the Burb, and compared to the 245/75R16's it had when I got it, I gained about 3mpg (using a GPS since the speedo is off), however it's got 4.10 gears. Going to Anchorage and back with the cruise set at 67, it only kicked it up a gear once going up a hill, usually, when we encountered a hill, you'd hear the turbo spool up and it would maintain speed perfectly, on one occasion, it dropped to 64 mph and shifted gears to get back up to speed. It got to 68, hit OD on the hill and was able to maintain the rest of the climb.

It's not a Cummins, but it's getting the job done.
Did a little more work on the port/polish job. First 4 exhaust ports ported, now on to polishing.

Worked a bit on getting the 289 out of Kael's jeep - he got all the driveshaft bolts undone.
After we pull thos it is down to trans mount and motor mounts and it will be a bare frame.

Got the 4.3 pulled out of the 2wd S-10 blazer I have - now to get with Marty to get the Bravada motor to put back in it.
Work some more on prepping the motor for removal, exhaust removed (i did not break one bolt, but found one that was broken), Starter removed, front driveshaft removed. Found an engine stand, and a source of an engine crane. A couple lines on a new engine. I need to work on a future exhaust system, I might throw in a cat to keep legal.
Hooked up the battery charger to the XJ. May actually work on it tomorrow. I have no energy right now to touch it.
Stroker mostly back together,

[Image: 198054_201239313241923_100000675674745_5...5614_n.jpg]
thats pretty! Im digging the green!
A fuel pump bad at the diaphragm on an XJ. Gonna have to change that if I want my shop to stop stinking.

The 99 Suburban receiving a upgrade/modification from a 87 Suburban.
The washer pump quit and I couldn't find a new one, was gonna pull the old washer tank below the driver's battery, but after fighting it for awhile, realized that the inner fender had to come out to get at it, and I had no intentions of doing that. So I grabbed the entire washer tank from an 87 Suburban and wired it's pump and lines to the 99. Mounted it near the Brake master and it's good to go.

Fixed the fuel leak on the injector return line.

On the 99 I still need to patch the exhaust and fix the heater fan, it's has only off and high and it's not the resistor pack.
A little old but the stroker is running strong!

[video=facebook;206143986084789]http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=206143986084789[/video]

[Image: 252925_218495201516334_100000675674745_7...2997_n.jpg]

I also have an order coming from Ballistic Fab with some builder parts to do Long Arms! Here are some of the parts all ready waiting.

[Image: 268556_229040077128513_100000675674745_7...1032_n.jpg]

[Image: 270392_230463320319522_100000675674745_7...3742_n.jpg]
The XJ has been doing alright. I need to find a fan shroud for it. I need to weld a turn down on the exhaust so it's not pointing at the fuel tank. Broke another shock so I need to find another one to last till I order the new suspension stuff. Got a vacuum leak that I just found. Winch wont power in so I got to diagnose that now. But other than that it's fairly ready for some wheeling.
The K-5 is close

1. Install front driveshaft. (gotta find the bolts)
2. Install exhaust pipes
3. Install the small pieces of dashboard that are currently on the floor.
4. Drill holes in the floor for the new seat mounts
5. Install seat belts
6. Create new winch mount and install winch
7. Install tow points

Down the road......
1. Create front and rear bumpers!
2. Create sliders
3. Create spare tire carrier
4. Mount up a few more lights!
My upgrades are done...but.

Still waiting on ebrake cables
Need to fix what appears to be lateral imbalance issues.
the blazer is put outside for the winter Sad
the dodge is awaiting a very spendy rear driveline and tires. .. should be ready in about a month. ooof
Got to finish clean up and check over after drags.
Replaced radiator, thermostat, drained and flushed cooling system on the Yota.

I got heat again!
Made list of broke things on big zuk.
1.Throwout bearing stuck ( Going to swap trans to stop oil leaks on hills ).
2.Get repaired top on.
3.fix rear brakes ( I want to go disc )
4. Replace rear springs. ( Mine are "S" shaped )
I don't have time to make a list for what needs fixed.
Mel your's is easy "BROKE"!
Pulling engine for Kael's Jeep tonight

Trying to get the garage set up to work on stuff easier - still have landlord's stuff in there.

Once Kael's Jeep gets soem work done, gonna start working on 454 Blazer engine again... Maybe over Christmas break.
2001 dodge- new bushings in the control arms, upgraded control arm bolts to 5/8" (its the little gains that make it big right? haha)
1987 blazer/buggy/truck/tractor- "under cover" via tarp. plans on finishing in the late spring time
1985 chevy short bed coming back to me all "jacked up" soon
2003 dodge- no changes.
Turtle- in the works.