Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Update your rig status here!
Deal, I'll get with you on the 1st.
It never seems to fail. Once you fix one thing, something else happens. The Nissan overheated this morning. Hopefully, I got her shut down before anything serious happened. 30 below zero, and my truck overheats. It's amazing, maybe someone is trying to tell me something. I guess I should have bought a Zuki!

It's strange. The engine is overheating, but no heat is coming out the vents when you turn the heater on. It is just blowing cold air. Anyone have any idea what may be wrong?
michaeljr5 Wrote:It never seems to fail.  Once you fix one thing, something else happens.  The Nissan overheated this morning.  Hopefully, I got her shut down before anything serious happened.  30 below zero, and my truck overheats.  It's amazing, maybe someone is trying to tell me something.  I guess I should have bought a Zuki!

It's strange.  The engine is overheating, but no heat is coming out the vents when you turn the heater on.  It is just blowing cold air.  Anyone have any idea what may be wrong?

Not that I actually know but could your hoses of frozen up so that no coolant could circulate?
They might have. I got her started up tonight and she's running just fine. So, either they froze or the termostat stuck closed. Don't know, I'm just glad she's running now. I'll just have to keep my eye on it.
michaeljr5 Wrote:They might have.  I got her started up tonight and she's running just fine.  So, either they froze or the termostat stuck closed.  Don't know, I'm just glad she's running now.  I'll just have to keep my eye on it.

Check your antifreeze. I had my coolent turn into a slurpy before from not having enough antifreeze in it. It's -35 down there now isn't it?
I checked it before I turned it on. It was full and liquid.
michaeljr5 Wrote:I checked it before I turned it on.  It was full and liquid.

Use a coolant gauge. It should be a 50 / 50 mix for our temps. Someone may have put to much water in it. If it's running straight antifreeze that is harmful too. It wont be protected against freezing at as low a temp as a 50 / 50 mix.
Here is my rig......

02 TJ  Maroon
18k miles
4"  SkyJacker Suspension "Rock Ready System"
1" SkyJacker Spacers
Quick Disconnects
35" Wrangler MTR with spare
American Racing Rims
K&N air filter
Dana 44 rear
Dana 30 front

Heres what I have planned this month
CB radio install
Seat Covers
Hand Throttler

This Spring
Warn winch  9000 or 9.5TI
Swing away with jerri can holders, highlift mount and shovel mount

This Summer/Fall
1" Body Lift
4.65/4.88 Gears
Lockers front and rear
ARB Snorkel

I would like to get it all done this spring and I very well may, it just depends on what the off duty commander has to say about it.......

For now this is what is scheduled
hmm rig status, soon to be reposessed...
hey Michael, it froze. if it happens again, run it till the temp says normal or slightly high and shut her down, let it set for a few minutes fire it back up and see. may take a few tries. has worked for me in the past...
Found new signature material :laugh:
mousee Wrote:hey Michael, it froze. if it happens again, run it till the temp says normal or slightly high and shut her down, let it set for a few minutes fire it back up and see. may take a few tries. has worked for me in the past...

Thanks Mousee. It works. Hopefully, it doesn't happen again. Did you get my message about the Dodge bumper?
We'll get this back on track.

ZJ now has an AX-15 and the interior looks stock, you'd never know it was custom.

Things I will have prior to the drive up there;
adjustable track bars front and rear,
rock sliders,
rear mounted tire carrier.

I would really like a set of adjustable control arms (I need those to run 33's) but I might have to wait until we've been there a little while.

Done nothing to the one in my aviator except start it up and brush the snow off of it. Driving it on icy streets is hazardous!But I am making progress on my chopped top FJ55.
Finally got my 1" BMML in and got a new blade for my electric fan and put it back on. Here are some pic's next thing will be a new radiator.

[Image: 512741_38_full.jpg]

[Image: 512741_44_full.jpg]

[Image: 512741_43_full.jpg]

[Image: 512741_40_full.jpg]

[Image: 512741_41_full.jpg]

[Image: 512741_42_full.jpg]
Good news, Good News. My winch came in tonight, it's sitting in the back of my truck right now. I got the tires on Saturrday, she now has 245/75 R16 Goodyear MTRS on all five rims. Hopefully my new offroad lights will be in by Wednseday when she goes to Mousee so they can be installed in the new bumper. It feels just like Christmas all over again!! ;D
Let's see... I installed the new carb... but my timing is still off Wink
Sold my 4.56's, will spend that money on the air equipment for the OBA, just need this thing cleaned.
Got a ford 10.25 for the rear of the TJ. waiting on delivery of a HD d44 from Dan Lance. When I get home in June, I'll start building those for AO's first full-width TJ.
Gonna be taking the ZJ to M&G, I guess. It needs:
Bumper finished (tomorrow at NXC)
tranny/xcase skid fabbed
fuel tank skid fabbed
BB bought and installed
rear upper control arms bought
8 control arms installed
TJ's 33s installed
multi-mount winch setup fabbed.
Here are the only pictures I have of the Monty right now. If someone has a digital camera I could borrow, I would be really appreciative.:bling:
dang that's one tall stinger, it can bring down an elephant.
I liked the way it looked on NBM's rig, so I told Mousee I wanted one as tall as his0. Unlike NBM's though, mine is actually part of the bumper, it is welded right on. He also through in two D rings on the front. The only problem I have noticed so far is that the front rides a little harder than before. But 120 pound will do that. Sorry the pictures are so bad. They are all I could get.
looks a little too tall, and I hope it's really just for show, because if you ever need to use it, your hood is going to be the least of your worries. That's until you get an exoskeleton, of course.
TJVigilante Wrote:I hope it's really just for show...your hood is going to be the least of your worries

Mousee said it is legit. What is wrong with my hood? I have no intention of ever putting an Exo on this truck.
started working on the exhaust on my truck on friday night, finished it 1 hour and 30 minutes later... shes beef....
michaeljr5 Wrote:Mousee said it is legit. What is wrong with my hood? I have no intention of ever putting an Exo on this truck.

Well the reason for a stinger is to A) Keep your rig from nosing over on a steep decline or B) Protect the hood and radiator from any damage in case of a rollover. But in a vehicle like that, if you roll, the rig's probably going to be totalled anyway from the roof caving in. Hey, it looks good, so it's all good. Just wondering the intention of putting it on, being curious is all. Have fun with it!

Oh, and leverage for someone hanging on the front to add pressure to the front tires is another good use, the most likely in your situation, as everyone needs a monkey on the front of their rig from time to time.