Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hey my name is Tyler. I just got up here last Monday, originally from Oregon, but came from Las Vegas. Uncle Sam really wanted me to be somewhere where I could hunt and fish and go wheeling. I'm not opposed to it at all. When I found out I was coming up here I got on Craigslist and found a super nice stock 1985 Toyota pickup. Had my dad go pick it up for me and started ordering my parts to build it while I was home on leave. Now it sits on 35s, has 5.29s, and a limited slip in the rear. I only stopped there at the moment because I wasnt wanting to pay to ship the heavier stuff up here.
Welcome to the site. Browse around and check things out. Be sure to check the new to site section and check the gallery to see past rides. Hope to see you at a meeting or ride.
Welcome.
That will wheel most of our trails.
Lack of lockers will hinder you some...but most of us have wheeled a lot up here open.
Welcome! I think I saw your truck based off of your description. There just ain't very many nicely built Yota's running around, I notice when a new one pops up every now and then.
welcome to Alaksa and Arctic Off Road! hope to see and meet you soon.
Welcome, welcome fellow Air Force member. I'm new to the site, wheeling, and AK myself. Just got up here last July. Work in 354 Maintenance Sq. Where are you working at?
354 ces

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It is pretty funny how the brand-of-the day swings as the years go by.
A couple years ago we were nearly all Jeep.
Now we are mostly Toyota I think....especially if you count Yota-axled Zuks.
354 ces

It's still a zuk at heart
Still has a Suzuki engine equals it is still a Samurai.
All you little guys like BIG Brothers around for an anchor point. But I can't say much I am trying to get a toy truck myself. But I do like the elbow room in my rig. Plus it's entertaining watching Shane acting like a yo yo trying to pull Big Boy around. Lol.
If your rigs wheren't so fat it wouldn't be so funny watching ya'll try to stuff those pigs down the trails.
Zuks are just enough weight and pull to keep things straight.
Apparently it takes a jeep to pull my fat +++ dodge up a hill. Bahaha!
I'm currently looking at buying a tdi motor and swapping it into my pickup. Anyone good with motor swaps/fab/wiring that would be willing to hook me up with pointers?

Is that the one on CL? (New motor)
Yeah

Does it come with the turbo, wire harness (complete) and computer?
Need the Gauge cluster too.