Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello AO
Just moved up from Georgia in May and just got my rig up this past weekend . Ready to meet some like minded folks and enjoy the outdoors. Wife and daughter will be up in Dec. and it will be nice to show them some scenery! We are excited to add the challenges of snow to the resume. Look forward to meeting the group .

Our machine is a red 2010 Jeep Wrangler 2 door Sport slightly modified with
Front stubby winch bumper w/ winch, 3" Terra flex lift ,1.25" body lift, Bilstien shocks, manual sway bar disconnects, 4.88 gears, E-Lockers front and rear, fender trim, Rigid Industries dually lights, 315/75/16 duratracs on fuel wheels. And a big wish list

Roll on
-Will
Welcome, take a look at our bylaws for equipment requirements, if you got everything and are not doing anything Saturday we have our annual veterans run called "Jakes Run". Should be a good turn out, unfortently we are a little light on the snow. We also have a meeting on the following Saturday in Fairbanks.
Sounds like you rig likely has what it needs...see the by laws

http://www.arcticoffroad.com/forum/content/4

Fun trip Saturday....60 miles south so plan on all day.

even if you don't make this run, welcome!
Welcome. Hope to see you on the trail or at a meeting.
Thanks for the invite. No problem with the by-laws. My CB is down right now . Suggestions for a CB shop?
Buy a new one!
You aren't required to have one but it is NICE to know what is going on.
I have four Cobras for sale.....

Nice to meet you yesterday.
Thanks for coming out yesturday, as for a CB, we don't really have a local shop. radio shack and power Transmision both sale limited CB supplies. If you are looking for a small CB I would recommend eithe a midland or cobra like this one.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00005N5WW...SY200_QL40
Thanks for the invitation and fellowship along the trail , great to get to meet some new friends . I am excited to continue participation with Arctic Offroad ! Thanks for the info on radios and the offer AKMark . I have a radio just need to get an antenna , mount and tune it .
I have the Cobra 75WXST. It's a good unit. Mounts hidden and the only thing visible is the handmike with the controls. You can look at mine this week before I leave to check it out and see if you like it.
Heavy D Wrote:I have the Cobra 75WXST. It's a good unit. Mounts hidden and the only thing visible is the handmike with the controls. You can look at mine this week before I leave to check it out and see if you like it.

I have one of these as well I need to install in the Ram. Hardest part for me is figuring out a mount for the antenna.