Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Accola Pig Roast
Posted up some of the pictures from our Pig Roast/fundraiser for the Gingerbread Run for Give Kids the World.

Thanks to everyone who came and donated! This year was another great success.

For those who didn't make it, you can still support "Alaska's Angels" in their race.

[Image: img_6670_443570.jpg]

Audra, her friend Serenity will head to Orlando again this year.

Last year all of their hard work landed Audra as the 3rd highest ranking individual fundraiser and 4th highest team!

In November, the Alaska’s Angels team will run in the Give Kids the World (GKTW) Gingerbread Run. This is a 5k fun run in the GKTW resort in Florida. GKTW is a non-profit resort that exists only to fulfill the wishes of all children with life-threating illnesses and their families from around the world to experience a memorable, joyful, cost free visit to the Central Florida attractions.

Many of you know that our nephew, Alyc, had his wish of meeting Mickey Mouse granted by the Make-A-Wish Foundation. When his wish was granted, he and his family stayed at GKTW. This is an amazing village that is operated by donations and volunteers.

Our families watched Alyc and others experience the magic of how being a guest of GKTW can inspire hope. I have set my fundraising goal at $5,000, as that is the cost to host one family for the week. I am hoping to help create that same magic, where happiness does inspire hope, for another child with a life-threating illness and their family.

If you would like to donate online, please visit:
http://support.gktw.org/goto/accola

All donations are 100% Deductible!

And please share this on other social media. Later this fall we will create an event on Facebook for everyone to share again.

Thank You!!
Thanks for having us over. Glad money was raised and it's all going to a great cause.

Then there was this. Good job Donald
[Image: img_6643_575482.jpg]