Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Retired member Check-in thread
If you are a retired member in good standing, check in and let us know where you are and how you are doing. Be sure to include pics if available!
Suzuki Dave, 22 Oct 08
Quote: Quote:
Originally Posted by naturalbornmudder
whats up man? Where ya at?

Im down at FE Warren in cheyenne Wy and wheeling with a club by the name of Cheyenne Trail crew. Not as good as arctic but it will have to do until i can get back up there.
my club website is cheyennetrailcrew.org if you want to look at the kind of wheeling we do down here
Gary Graham aka SilverstoneXJ

Currently on a military tropical island in the middle of the Indian Ocean called Diego Garcia. I too was in Cheyenne Wyo and a member of the Cheyenne Trail Crew. As Dave said, not as great as AO.

I do miss the AO family alot! Some of the best people out there. Haven't met or been in a club that has even come close to matching it. Don't think it'll happen either.

Next step (in Feb '09) heading to Tucson Arizona. As always, my door will be open to any AO member passsing through. If anyone has a MySpace, look me up: http://www.myspace.com/gtgraham1970

Keep wheeling!

I'm still here, but evidentally I don't have a jeep. No one but my neighbors has seen it in 3 months.
K found the thread.

I'm Darren Asuncion, started wheeling with the founding members prior to making the club a reality. I was driving a white '93 ZJ v8 at the time, and I believe I 'met' Gary and Brian McKinney on the JeepsUnlimited forums prior to doing any wheelin'.

I actually have many pics of the rides we went on - I just need to get off my lazy butt, sort them, burn them on a CD/DVD, and figure out if anyone would actually want a copy.

I decided to leave Fairbanks (1yr hiatus in San Jose, CA) the year the club was founded. I returned, and became a member. Some of you guys might remember the Intense Blue '99 Dakota and the Flame Red '94 XJ that I wheeled with the club from the fall of '03 through my graduation in '05.

I am currently living in Kodiak, AK. Still have my '94 XJ (which sits approx 5" taller than stock now), but have since sold the '99 Dakota to my parents.

Hopefully, in the next few years - I'll land a Federal job in Europe (preferrably Germany). I went there last year and decided I need to live out there for a little while. It was a good time!

Anyway...since Gary mentioned, I will too - if you have a myspace page, you can find me at : http://www.myspace.com/akjeeper
Darren! Good to see you stopping by.

Some of us are still around. Some of us came back, a few never left.
AKJeeper Wrote:I actually have many pics of the rides we went on - I just need to get off my lazy butt, sort them, burn them on a CD/DVD,
and figure out if anyone would actually want a copy.

That'd be a yes! Big Grin
Just checking in
what's up AO brothers! not much going on down here, wish some more of you guys would come down here though Big Grin getting out and wheeling when i can, but the only prob is you have to drive an hour or two just to find somthing other than mud, and that is only if we go and play on post(on tank trails when they let us) went out last weekend with some new tires and they worked great (baja claws), we should get our first snow on mon so i let you know how they run in snow. other than that keep wheeling and stay safe. also small chance i could come back if i re-enlist Rolleyes

here som pics
[Image: 101_0033.jpg]
[Image: 101_0034.jpg]
[Image: 101_0035.jpg]
[Image: 101_0041.jpg]
[Image: 101_0045.jpg]
[Image: 101_0028.jpg]
down here in Anchorage still and finally got the FJ40 running and going to IM it this week then maybe wheel it on a light test run.
keep wheeling and you all take care
wagonburner Wrote:what's up AO brothers! not much going on down here, wish some more of you guys would come down here though Big Grin getting out and wheeling when i can, but the only prob is you have to drive an hour or two just to find somthing other than mud, and that is only if we go and play on post(on tank trails when they let us) went out last weekend with some new tires and they worked great (baja claws), we should get our first snow on mon so i let you know how they run in snow. other than that keep wheeling and stay safe. also small chance i could come back if i re-enlist Rolleyes

raise your right hand and get it over with Big Grin Glad to hear your still wheelin!
you thinking of re-enlisting?
It's me again. Still stuck in Florida, not that I spend much time at home. Missing Alaska and AO.

John
I just got a PM from Chris Rose. Most of you may not know him, but Chris was with Kevin and I on the first summer solstice run in 2004 and Chris is a retired member.

Quote:
Hey...its Chris Rose...are you still in Alaska? How's the weather? I'm still in San Antonio...for a little longer - then it's off to Thailand
Where's he at now? He was an animal doctor, from what I remember.
Getting out and moving to MN the first week of Feb.

Have several possibilities working for CAT in MN, if those fall through, one of the branch manager's has a wife who's a recruiter for mechanics in MN. She has several possibilities in the Heavy Diesel repair area.

Wish we could find a way back up to AK, but for now, it's not in the cards. Heck, right now there are no plans for another rig. Lots of ideas and wishes, but it makes no sense to build anything if I cannot use it anywhere nearby. I do have plans for a boat, and probably a few snowmobiles down the road. Just need a house first.
Family first, brother.
sevenslats Wrote:Family first, brother.

exactly!
Hi there, Yes I am still kicking. I have been busier than a one legged man in a butt kickin contest. We got here (Ohio) in Sept and have been living in our camper(not the slide-in, we bought a 33ft fifth wheel) next to my sisters place just south of St Paris Ohio. We closed on our house about 3 weeks ago, it is an old farm house built around 1900 with 10 acres and a 30 by 60 barn. the house about a mile from my sisters place. I haven't been wheeling since we got here, which sucks. I have been working, delivering Beer, it's not as cool as it sounds but it will help keep you in shape. I sure do miss Wheeling and my friends in AK. But life goes on. I should be on here more now because we have smoking fast internet here at the house. Later
Good to hear from you man. Take it easy.
Just Checking in from Sunny Florida, I dont have a wheeling rig anymore just hardly no place to wheel down here unless you count my Raptor 700r I recently bought an Airboat. Its starting to cool off here I think it was 75 this morning when I got up. Well Have a great day I miss yall
Thanks for checkingin, Jeff.
Hey this is TJ just wanted to stop in and wish everyone a happy new year and let you all know that i'm doing ok, Living in St. Clair Missouri now. I'll put up a number when I get my Phone turned back on.
TJ! It's great to hear from you. Glad you are doing okay! Happy new year to you as well!
Awesome to hear from you man. Keep us updated on how things are going.
Just checking in. Things are going pretty good here in Arkansas. Martin (Tommy) a.k.a. highboy76 has been busy with a few projects. He has 2 for now that he has been working on, which is the 69 camaro & our daughters 77 MG.
We sure miss the Club & Alaska. Maybe one day we will be able to return.