Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Attn: All forum members
Effective immediately, pictures, avatars, advertising, or selling items in signature blocks is no longer authorized.

-  All pictures/avatars need to be removed from signature blocks due to the amount of space they take up.
-  no advertising or selling items in the signature block
   -- if you need to sell a single item, please post it in the for sale section
   -- if you are selling items on a retail basis, as a company/part of a company/spokesperson for/associate of/ then please pursue a vendor's membership.

As we grow in the community and and start to get more vendors, it becomes unfair for people to advertise freely as a business when other vendors are "paying": for their advertising priveledges. As more vendors come up and go thru the pending process of becoming vendors, more funds will come available to upgrade the website to be able to hold more information.

Please PM me with any questions. I will be PM'ing people to discuss the contents of any questionable signature bloclk information.

As a final word, I hate to sound harsh, but failure to comply will result in members being unable to access their signature blocks.

Nate Burrows
President, Arctic Offroad
a few questions, and I am not trying to give you a hard time, just asking questions. With pictures in the signatures, does this include linked pics (example, mine was linked from photobucket)? About vendors, how about setting up an advertisement block on the webpage such as jeepforum or other sites do? I ask this because the next obvious step is to move to close or limit the for sale forum because it competes with the vendors.
yes, it does include linked pics because they slow the page loading.

we will not be deleting the for sale sub-forum due to the vendors. For sale is for private items from embers. Vendors showcase is for businesses making money.

The for sale sub-forum has already been validated as to whether it should be a members only thing and the vote went no because the forum deserves to benefit from good deals on the for sale board.

Vendors will not be monopolizing the selling on this forum, they will be advertising their wares on here. Let's look at what Mousee has done so far. He hasn't taken away from personal sales. He has quietly made money from his vendorship while providing a superior product and customer service.

That is why we are planning to run future vendors thru the ringer, to ensure that we don't get the short end of the stick.
Disregard your PM then Nate, I was wondering what the deal was with my sig but after reading this thread all questions have been answered.
Complied with! Thanks for the Heads up!!
I don't like it and I made a nice key mark down your Jeep while you were at work today to let you know it! >Sad

I JUST JOKIES!..

Fixed my sig Wink

<3
Heyyyyyy, alrighty. PM'ed you asking why before I saw this. All done.
well, this went a lot better than I thought it would. A few PM's of why, a few replies, and one explanation.

I am glad this went well. If it didn't, at least you couldn't dock my pay. Michael, stay outta this ;D
well I figured out how to get my avatar back were it belongs so... yay! I am in compliance Smile
naturalbornmudder Wrote:well, this went a lot better than I thought it would. A few PM's of why, a few replies, and one explanation.

I am glad this went well. If it didn't, at least you couldn't dock my pay. Michael, stay outta this ;D

I PMed before I saw the thread... I take back all the hate emails I just sent. Smile :laugh: :laugh:
I didn't even have a pic in my sig so I completely missed the opportunity to send hate mail! >Sad I miss all the good stuff! ;D