Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yeah I got off my butt and did it. [new photos]
I took me long enough to get it done. Not hard just haven't had the time.
[Image: rearstinger.sized.jpg]
Still need to trim up the corners and send it to be powder coated, but no more tie down strap though my top.
Update
I was getting a lot of questions on what this was like to put up and down, how it sat when it was down so on and so on.
[Image: stingerdown.sized.jpg]
[Image: stingerdown_2.sized.jpg]
[Image: 237HPrearstingr2-med.jpg]
[Image: 237HPrearstinger-med.jpg]
I like that a lot. Nice work.

Do the upper body tie ins go trhu the body panel and tie into the roll cage?
Okay, so now I will stop asking if you'e dropped it on your foot yet...... :wink:
I seen this up close. It is way better looking than the pic shows. Great job, can't what to see it with some color on it.
Wierd. I thought it was spelled ARB and YJ fuel filler necks were on the driver's side.
Either way, looks real nice.
Got an estimate what it would cost if you sold 'em?
Quote:Got an estimate what it would cost if you sold 'em?

good question
pick, pick, pick slats :lol:

lookes good eric :yes1:
you should throw some gussets in the middle tubes and put some LED third brake lights...

how heavy does that seem when you lower it? is it easily managable? or does it feel like your actually picking up a 37"?
sevenslats Wrote:Wierd. I thought it was spelled ARB and YJ fuel filler necks were on the driver's side.

WOW good looking at detail thats a good point I know thats Eric's Jeep.
naturalbornmudder Wrote:I like that a lot. Nice work.

Do the upper body tie ins go trhu the body panel and tie into the roll cage?

No, I didn’t think it needed it, but could be done. The corner gourds spread its weight out over a large area. They will be sandwiched with a piece of steel on the inside of the body opposite of the upper mounts. This will displace the pulling weight of the tire, but it is angled slightly forward for the same reason.

sevenslats Wrote:Wierd. I thought it was spelled ARB and YJ fuel filler necks were on the driver's side.

Custom jobs. I flipped the photo and my computer inverted it. I was wandering if any one would notice it.
Price would totally depend on how you would want it done. Steel prices so on, so, on. So no not off the top of my head.

mousee Wrote:pick, pick, pick slats :lol:

lookes good eric :yes1:
you should throw some gussets in the middle tubes and put some LED third brake lights...

how heavy does that seem when you lower it? is it easily managable? or does it feel like your actually picking up a 37"?

Thanks. That means a good deal coming from you. At first it seemed like we where going to bump heads, but I think we could really learn a lot from each other.

Putting it up and down is a breeze. It’s not that heavy at all and the top of the bar is bent up so it acts like a handle and you don’t crush your fingers. I might play with gussets and LEDs later. I did want a 3ed brake light we’ll see. The best part is it really helps keep my rear tires on the ground. In spots that I use to lift a wheel it stay panted.
Man it looks awesome... the only thing I wouldnt like is havin to take it down everytime I wanted to get in the back and then have it be in the way, wouldnt be able to stand behind the jeep. How could you fix that issue? Cause I like the way it looks.
Chetnak Wrote:Man it looks awesome... the only thing I wouldnt like is havin to take it down everytime I wanted to get in the back and then have it be in the way, wouldnt be able to stand behind the jeep. How could you fix that issue? Cause I like the way it looks.

you could always just put a linear actuator on it and just hit a button, presto, she goes down automatically Smile

eric and I were talking about how you could put it on a swing out as well. have the best of both worlds. swing out nice and easy, but drop it down for easy access.

eric, :K: I agree, and if i stilll drank I would buy you a beer. root beer cool?
mousee Wrote:eric and I were talking about how you could put it on a swing out as well. have the best of both worlds. swing out nice and easy, but drop it down for easy access.

that would be cool.. just attach the bottom part to a swing out or something like that?
pretty much yeah. the only down side would be weight. it would have to be pretty beafy to support something that tall and heavy without the upper supports.
Yea I could see that how would you beef it up? or is that what yal are working on?
It’s not as bad as all that. I can still stand on the rear ends and if I put another bar at the lower bends I could stand on that. Getting in the rear is fine I drops down far enough away from the tail gate to stand between the two and the weight is light enough to lift with one hand.
What's your latch mechanism? two bolts and wingnuts?
that is some first class work. It makes me wanna make my heep into an Odessey so I can roll it and it automatically goes back on its wheels. :F:

Between holeproof and NXC, this is turning out to be the most well built set of rigs I have seen. We get compliments on Jeeps Offroad all the time.

They saw pics of Daves Xterra, Mousee's full widths, Eric's flex and tube work, Mr. Crazy's addiction, and Geoff's toy, as well as Lawsons bumper productions and Craigs CJ-8 restoration.
Sheesh nate. :grouphug: Cry
highboy76 Wrote:I seen this up close. It is way better looking than the pic shows. Great job, can't what to see it with some color on it.

As Martin (hubby------highboy76) said....
We both have seen this up close and it does look better than the picture.
Nice Work Eric. :cheers:
You did a good job on it :beer:
sevenslats Wrote:What's your latch mechanism? two bolts and wingnuts?

Something like this.
Cotterless Hitch Pin
[Image: cotterless_hitch_ring_pin.jpg]
or
[Image: red_plastisol_hitch_pins.gif]
I can say from experiance that the plasticoated ones are nice in the cold :yes1:
what a piece of poop...mine is so much better...nice job Eric, but setup is still better though... :cheers:
Good job man. It looks really cool
Update
I was getting a lot of questions on what this was like to put up and down, how it sat when it was down so on and so on.
[Image: stingerdown.sized.jpg]
[Image: stingerdown_2.sized.jpg]
I checked this out a couple of days ago. It is pretty easy to use. I figured it would be heavy to lift up but it's not. It is much better than dead lifting a 37" tire to put it on a swing away or on a stock tire carrier. The hinges and bumper take a great deal of the weight.
Man thats cool how did you bend those body panels? :yes1: