Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
cross over steering for dodge rams
I ordered one from offroad design, They mentioned it was pretty application specific.
something i dont care to mess with since I had that accident when my last steering box failed and caused $4500 in damage. my insurance paid for it but my insurance cancelled my plan because of it. I should have kept the damage and used the $4500 for parts Big Grin

dangit.[COLOR="Silver"]

---------- Post added at 10:30 pm ---------- Previous post was at 10:24 pm ----------

[/COLOR]hey mel, does the pitman arm you speak of have teeth ALL the way around it? I am going to have to "clock" the pitman arm because the drag link is a bit long.
(file a path in the 4 thicker tabs)
I will post up pics to explain when I get time to get out to my parent's garage again... ugh.. just another reminder I need my own house and shop or garage. I need to get through this schooling first. ..[COLOR="Silver"]

---------- Post added at 10:33 pm ---------- Previous post was at 10:30 pm ----------

[/COLOR]I think i just contradicted myself ...
unfortunately I will have to "mess" with the new steering arm to make it fit. since I already ordered it, Ill get some measurements off the old one in case I fudge up this $75 drop pitman arm.
Should have called me. I'd have to look to be sure which one mine is. I know it has all the splines and is in good shape. But they are application specific as in some have the taper on top and some have it on the bottom.