Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another New Guy
I am up from Lousiana, been here for a couple of weeks. I am working over on the AF base so I will be for a while. I have already met "AKDSMER" and plan on getting to now all of you.

What I currently have:

I have a 1979 CJ-5 and I am also picking up a Zuki from "AKDSMER". My pull rig is a 2000 3/4 Silv with the 6.0 liter and 285's tires. I also have a 23' enclosed car hauler. My jeep has 36" TSLs, fully locked, dual optimas, fuel cell, poison spyder comp stinger with a full rear wrap with led lights, Warn 8000, and a 360.

My plans are:

I have a set of Dana 44's sitting in my trailer and a 304 (old engine) and a 4 spd. I am planning on putting the current drive train into the zuki with the 36s. On the jeep it will probably get a rebuild and a 4 link rear and a spring over in the front, with some 40" MTRs or some thing along that line. When I finish that (hopefully this next winter) I hope to buy some 46" Claws and some unimog axels and start from scratch on a tube buggy/Jeep.

Looking forward to seeing everyone on the trail.
Well welcome to Arctic OffroadConfusedhakehands: bunch of good guys and gals here! Your Jeep sounds AWESOME.. hope to see it around.
Glad to see your posting up. I bumped up the 55 mile thread under open forum so we can bs the run here as needed. Thanks for offering your trailer up. I for one, will take advantage of it!

Around the 21st, we should get a grub list for those of us that are camping out.

Also posting new Thread for a Sunday run for those who don't meet the requirements or can't make it on Saturday, assuming that the trail is ready to run by then.
:welcome:
IMO, you should endure a breakup trail ride and 1 winter before planning a buggy build. You just might change your mind.
:2cents:
welcome to alaska.... now break out your winter gear and throw away the sandles lol Nice sounding jeep, just sold and 82CJ5 afore coming up here... was a fun little toy for a while though.
what part of la are you from
and was you at the blueloon this weekend?
Welcome to FBX area and AO forum.
You should sell me the 44s for my zuki for really cheap =)
Welcome - sounds like another fabricator has arrived!
I might sell the 44's if I can find a set of 60 for a decent price. I am a Machinist & Welder, for the USAF. My boys and I can probalbly make and do anything, you might want us to practice on ower own rigs first.

Oz
You work at Vertical???
JeepMadness1979 Wrote:I might sell the 44's if I can find a set of 60 for a decent price. I am a Machinist & Welder, for the USAF. My boys and I can probalbly make and do anything, you might want us to practice on ower own rigs first.

Oz
If you work at Metals tech I'll be getting to know you pretty well my roommate works there he is in the desert right now his name is SRA Brian Childree, plus I know a lot of guys in your shop.