Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tow Rig Update
While the '98 Ram seemed like it would work well as a tow rig for the Heeps, we decided we needed an upgrade. It was going to happen eventually, but ended up happening sooner than planned. Now I definately need that Master stripe.

You know that commercial with the guy showing off all his stuff... "Like my vehicle... it's new. I'm in debt up to my eyeballs. Sombody help me." Well, I'm now that guy. Come on winning Powerball ticket!

Anyhoo... here's a few pics....

[Image: 2309824_1_full.jpg]

[Image: 2309824_4_full.jpg]

More and better pics coming soon.

Its a good looking truck....well for a Dodge :laugh: :laugh:
Those headlights...Make the truck look scared.
gas? Diesel? Hemi? 2500? Tranny?
Judging by the Cummins logo and lack of a stick, I'd say that's a 2500 Diesel with the auto.
since I dunno much about Dodge trannies, I wasnt asking whether it was manual or standard, but rather if it was like an Alison or some other heavy duty tranny, or just a run of the mill auto tranny.

Since I didnt see the cummins badge...well, leave it to Kyle to be a smart arse...I stand correctedWink
Dodge auto = Same basic thing they've been blowing up for years. The stick, however, is excellent. NV5600.

The Cummins logo is now that big "C" up on the fender near the door. They changed it with the body style.
Advent Wrote:Dodge auto = Same basic thing they've been blowing up for years. The stick, however, is excellent. NV5600.

The blowing up thing changed when they went to 48RE from the 47RE. They are pretty strong now, but of course it ain't no Allison.
Yes. 2500, 48RE Auto, Cummins. I didn't really care for the larger new headlamps either, but after using them at night, I like 'em alot. The reverse lights are alot brighter on the 3rd Gens too. I'm hoping that the 48RE is stronger than the 46RE. An Allison would have been sweet!

I surely hope that your headlights are better than my '04 CTD. The 3 Hella driving lights are almost a necessity on my rig!

The rest of the rig is sweet. I would learn to live with the "interesting" front lights if they were better than mine!
akdsmer Wrote:I surely hope that your headlights are better than my '04 CTD. The 3 Hella driving lights are almost a necessity on my rig!

The rest of the rig is sweet. I would learn to live with the "interesting" front lights if they were better than mine!

They light up in front pretty well. Much improved over the '98, and seem to be over the '02-05s.

nice rig :yes: If it weren't for the fact that I like my no car payment status I'd be looking at that or an F250. Love what Dodge is doing with the hemi/V10/cummings... just too bad they've kinda fubared the body style :confused: That can be ignored for the cummins though :drool:
So, what's the upgrade plan for it? 38s? ARBs?

Nice truck Gary. Doesn Missy drive it?
Holy Crap man...need a non-profit to donate to? Are you towing your junk....(yeah right, Gary have junk) down to Moab? You didn't tell me that you won the lotto! Can I have a loan? LOL...Nice Truck. See you in 5 days!!!

-Brian
well that's awesome gary...if it makes you feel any better i'm out of debt and about ready to buy a tow rig....hahaha....funny how the rolls reversed and last i checked you still dont' have a winch for the XJ (of course in my defense i havent' talk to you in a while)....nice truck though i will probably have one matching it when i get back from iraq....you could always just get out of the military and go be a civilian fire truck fixer there and make alot more money....again nice truck bro...