Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Aw4
Does any one have any experiance with them. The one in project rubicant is stuck in 3rd gear in drive. If I manualy shift it 1-D it will skip 2nd and won't go into 4th. Did some reasearch on alldata seems like tranny is in safe mode. Looking for a stand alone transmission controler to bypass the OEM TCM let me know if you have any info or good web sites
Definately limp-home mode.

What are you using for a computer right now?
OEM TCM
Try unplugging the TCM. With it unplugged you will have to use the shift lever to shift, but 1st 2nd and 3rd should work.

At least that's what a few of the older AW-4's I've played with did.
Sounds like a typical failure in Jeep/Chrysler autos. I had the same issue in my old LHS and they just had to replace a ~$300 plug-in module.
I haven't disconected the module but have had the battery disconected for a few days and had no change
what about the shift sellector on the side of the trans, i mj that would spaz i drilled the rivets out and cleaned it. it worked fine after that.
http://articles.jeepforum.com/XJ_AW4_TCU_Shift_Mod
check out this article though i would give it a try
So while trying to install the switches in that article I noticed that I was missing a section of that harness from the XJ that goes from the engine harness to the body and back out and in to the tranny harness so I got on alldata and found some conector views and a extra connector and spliced them in to the new connector and then went for a road test now In (D) I have 1-4 so cool now I will make the mods in the article to manualy control what gear I am in thanks for the sugestions