Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My next rig
With being sick enough to not be at work for the last 1.5 days, I've been making some potential plans.

Today I drew a sketch (initially with oval shaped tires, I cannot draw to save me life) of a Blazer frame, with a crewcab cab, and a toolbox on the rear. Cool idea, but after some research, gonna require a bit of trimming to the back of the cab to make it work. Even if I push the rear axle back a bit.

So......I ran across something else. I had dreamed of something like this before and had considered it recently, but when I saw the picture, I knew this is what I wanted to build.

[Image: burb_1.jpg]
[Image: burb_2.jpg]
[Image: burb_3.jpg]
[Image: burb_4.jpg]
[Image: burb_5.jpg]

Working on a deal for the Burb I'm going to use as a donor, and we'll go from there. Big Grin

Also let it be said that I don't want to make mine identical to this. I have a few variations I'm hoping will work out.
Cool!!! I like it!

I'd put 4" lift springs on the front & a shackle flip on the rear, cut the snott out of the fenders & run tires in the 39"-48" range!!!
Those FMTV tires would look COOL!!! 395-85R20 with a mil spec paint scheme!!!

Course, that's just me!

Mike
Seems good. I have had the same idea as to had with your blazer but with my bronco but even with lttle tires it would take lots of cutting
I really like those welds where he scabbed in the back of a truck box Big Grin
That rocks!!!
I have a few spare parts if you need! Big Grin
When is the build date!!
Gotta swap for the vehicle that will probably turn into this first.
I heard on tradio someone selling a 93 pretty cheap. Of course I didn't write down the number because I'm 100% ford crazy but if a 93 is not to new for your plan I'll get it next time
Don't worry about it. 92 and newer are too new. IFS on those.

73-91 Burbs are solid axle. The one I am hoping to get is already owned by a club member who's wife hates it. Big Grin
Hey Mark, I am coing home in the next 2 weeks. If you want my old rig, we will work the trade. The 42 inch Iroks in the back do NOT come with it!!! Does Kev have a good tranny to swap into your old one? If not I will have to work the rebuild or maybe make some kind of swap with Kev for a truck or something (don't really need a burb)
Call me the moment you get to town, well after you get "reacquainted" with your wife and son.
cool, will do.
Good i have a torch warmed up and waitiing, mmmm fire.
I may pick this up really soon. Anybody want to help chop the back end off and put a cab back on it before June?
Wouldn't it be easier to just use a crew cab?
78calico Wrote:Wouldn't it be easier to just use a crew cab?

Big GrinHey, you, yeah, you with the logic....if he did that he wouldn't have a monster garaged 'burban....Rolleyes
I just thought that chopping up a Burb would be fun. Yes a CC would be easier, however then I have to make a bed for it.
Let me know when, where, and what to bring to the build party and I'm on it.
I have a cordless sawsall and the torch so lets cut it up!! MMMMmm i love the smell of burning metal!!!
I will post up when I pick it up from Tony, or we could start it next Saturday and give Tony a chance to cut on it as well.
Any chance to chop up a chevy I'll take it
im actually just about to start a near identical build, mine is a 89 crewcab that im transfering to a 71 k20 frame. should be interesting to see how yours turns out, i know im excited to start mine.