Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GB Wheel-tracks project
K.I.S.S
You 2 can kiss all you want, I won't call myself stupid...:p

You made an assumption that I got the acronym wrong...:tease:...made a you know what out of You and Umption...Big Grin
Wow you butchered that one....:p

AssUMe Wink
OK OK you got me.
You just go on keepin' it stupid, simple. OH yeah it's all in the punctuation... Big Grin
and S words are a dime a dozen. :p

Just as long as you stay away from "Creeping Featurism" you'll be alright.
I simply prefer to use stupid as an adjective to simple...I got yer punctuation right here...Confusedlap:...punk.Big Grin
Talked to the parts guys at Compeau's today. 136" tracks (take-offs) are tough to get in good shape here in Fairbanks, but they can sell me plenty 121" tracks with 1" lugs for a pretty good deal. Snowmobile Salvage in Anchorage has a pile of 136"X16" tracks for $350 each but that's just a bit more than I'm trying to put into this project. My goal is a big enough footprint to get less than 2psi ground pressure. I need to do some sketching...
There's a set for sale on craigslist for $7,500.
http://boise.craigslist.org/mcy/1052391051.html

Little bit cheaper than the $50,000 I saw on google shopping for mattracks.
Looks like the same ones the guys in Anchorage built.
TJVigilante Wrote:Looks like the same ones the guys in Anchorage built.

They didn't build those. They're Una Tracks. Not a lot of info to be had on the people who built them, but they were from a military test program in the 70's and quite a few seem to still be around. Between DeepMud on the alaska4x4network and McInfantry from the m715zone they've collected pretty much everything there is to know (at least online) about those. The cool thing about those is they have bolt-in plates with different wheel bolt patterns to run on different rigs.

I think DieselPower told me once he has a set,too.
If you bought that set for a jeep the back of the front track would be just about touching the front of the back track
You should see them on a zuki...

[Image: trax-003.jpg]
If the zuk was on a stock wheel base they would rub! That is why i would go with ones of a side by side atv for a zuk.
that would float over anything
I did some rough full-size drawings last night and building a set with 121"x15" tracks, with the ground clearance I'm looking for (22" to hub center) and the front edge angled up, you'd get a footprint of about 36"x15" (540 sq in) not counting the angled front part. That would be a great size for a Jeep or other small rig but it's a bit small for the truck. The same basic shape with a 136"x16" track would give me a 45"x16" (720 sq in) footprint and get me a lot closer to my 2psi ground pressure goal.
Can I get an Admin to change the thread title, please.