Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rig only trailer
I was looking on pirate 4x4 today and found this trailer, it think its a real cool Idea, looks pretty cheap to build also, this one looks like the axle is solid mounted to the trailer, My last car trailer had solid mounted axles and I pulled it all the way up from florida to fairbanks, the only thing i am wondering about is how you would make the brakes work, the axle looks like a one tom duely axle whick are real cheap in most scrap yards. this looks perfect for pulling my lightweight buggy behind my K5.
[Image: 2evql8k.jpg]

Thoughts?
dang thats a tiny trailer...
we could fab that sucker up in a weekend.
I would think that being a single axle it would bounce the tow rig alot even with air bags and such
Put a trailer axle under it, they cost around $400 for a 7K rated and if I remember correctly that includes the electric brakes.

White Spruce usually has plenty of axles in stock.

That setup will bounce the crap out of a tow rig.
I think that is a trailer axle. The deck looks too low for the axle to have a pumpkin. I have a pair of axles just like them behind the shed.
They have are rated at 7500lbs, accept eight lug duallies and have electric brakes.
78calico Wrote:I think that is a trailer axle. The deck looks too low for the axle to have a pumpkin. I have a pair of axles just like them behind the shed.
They have are rated at 7500lbs, accept eight lug duallies and have electric brakes.

sounds like the hot set up!