Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
need help! FJ stoped running
ok I've narowed it down to my igniter. I've tested everything else. Thanks antifriend but unless you want tohelp me out and drive to anchorage and let me use your igniter I think I'll have to buy a new one or try and find one at a salvage yard.
Maybe if you updated your profile so hw knew where you lived since 2006....
:troutslap:
haha sorry I'll do that right now
well in my defence it still said I lived Anchorage but now I'm fully updated

your welcome Geoff
haha nah my fault I remember kyle telling me that now, tried cruisers only for parts? I've never dealt with him but I've read some of his stuff and kyle's done quite a bit with mark iirc. not sure if he has much for the 62s though.
thanks man. I've workedalittle with Mark and he is a good guy. He let me borrow the igniter to see if that was the problem. It wasn't so back to the drawing board. I'm going to goover all my grounds this weekend and we'll see what that does.
You never bothered to answer my question here...

akdsmer Wrote:So if I read this right- you have spark coming from the coil but not to the plugs? It can then only be cap,rotor wires or plugs. If you have no spark on more than one cylinder than it should only be the cap (unlikely) or the rotor. Perhaps the rotor is bad and is shorting through to the distributor shaft, or perhaps I don't understand what you are saying.

So I couldn't offer any more assistance. I hate part changing though...(although I did it on a Dodge once, right Chris?)
sorry Kelly,yes thats what I'm saying. Everything around and in the Dizzy is brand new. I eather have a bad short somewhere or my Computer went to crap.
it is my ECU (Computer) I tested it today and step 3 of the manual says replace or fix it.
So i pulled it out to see what was inside and found out that 6 resisters and a some kind of fuse went bad.
I'm getting one sent to me from a guy on IH8Mud for 105.00 with shipping.

YAHOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
Sweeto!
ok recieved the new computer and made some new grounds. I know have fuel but still no spark. Wyne came over today and we tried to pinpoint it andhe is sure its the Dizzy so I ordered a new one. The only thing I can't figure out is after I put in the new grounds I had spark but not a strong spark so got some starting fluid and nowI have nothing again. ERRRRRRRRRRRR I'mgoing insain any ideas?
Problem solver :whistle:

Engine - Dodge 360 V-8 - $600 (Anchorage)

Reply to: sale-654629618@craigslist.org
Date: 2008-04-24, 9:00AM AKDT

1994 Dodge 360 V-8. 68k miles. Fits 1993 to 2001 Dodge trucks and vans. Stock no. IA-7. Asking $600.00. Call 907-258-6832 between 9am and 5pm.
Acually I was thinking of buying the 4.3 Vortec thats on Craigslist.
either one would work but by the time you end up tracing down all the problems it might be quicker and easier to just do a swap not to mention the 360 is bigger than waynes 351 :poke: Big Grin
HAHAHAHA yea I know bigger but I don't know if I can get an adapter for my tranny
hillbillydodge Wrote:either one would work but by the time you end up tracing down all the problems it might be quicker and easier to just do a swap not to mention the 360 is bigger than waynes 351 :poke: Big Grin

yeah but his rig is a heavy pig and my bed is aluminum .with 35's. so ill still stomp him ! lol

although he does have 4:88's and arb's while mine is just welded rear ..but only on 32's ...
they will be 33 pitbulls thankyou ,and if I put a bigger engine in I'll be able to pull you out of anything those 35s fall into LOL
only if it starts 1st ! but hey the radio works atleast your priorities are right !!
Holy parts changing....
well I was going to work alittle on the cruiser today but when I woke up It was snowing hard. in a matter of 6 hours we've got a little over 3".
recieved my new to me Distributor today. keep your fingers crosted for me. I'll install it tomorrow when I'm off. If this isn't it I don't have any clue what it is.
I know this isn't the prime time to mention this, but somethign that I learned from the Anniversary run. In winter time when towing a rig on a trailer, back the rig on if possible.
:thefinger:
thanks for the insight now Nate.... Why is that??
Because water-logged starters freeze in the winter. Rolleyes