Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2wd LJ for a while
It's back. I've been out of town and unable to enjoy my repaired Jeep. It actually seems to work right now. I did just come from Gene's where I layed on my back in the parking lot and adjusted the t-case shift lever in front of a group of curious onlookers since they never did get that right and I'm too busy at work to cater to their scheduling. It was hitting neutral at the 4hi stop on the Z-gate. 2 minutes with a 13mm wrench and all is well.

All said and done... They replaced my entire t-case. They then had to replace everything from the fork out to the shift lever because of faulty parts in a new t-case. The fork was "mismachined" and welded to the rod in the wrong position. That caused 4hi to not fully disengage. That bent the fork....yada yada yada. It seems I now have a '07 case that was retrofitted with '06 style outputs. There are 18 bolts around the main body instead of 9. All that may explain the issues with getting it working right. I don't know.

Long story short - I HAVE A WORKING JEEP AGAIN!!!!!!!
At least it's working. The other customers should've run away from Gene's in a panic when you had to adjust it right after coming out of the service area.