Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AOAA at the Outdoor Show
Mel Grove and some more staff of the AOAA (Alaska Outdoor Access Alliance) will be present. They are interested in hearing from the residents of the interior concerning outdoor recreation. We used to be a member of them but got nothing from them so we dropped it. But now they are showing great interest for forming a chapter up here. A member from another club has been speaking with him extensively about this. There is talk of some sort of dinner/info type thing sunday evening as well but I don't know details.

They are also raffling off a Browning .50 cal at the show and need some more volunteers to man the booth in 4 hour increments. To my knowledge they need people for sunday. If you can help out let me know and I will get you in touch with the person handling this.

So I would encourage each member that if you go to the show, I don't see why you wouldn't either, to stop and talk to them. Express interest in having an interior chapter and issues we face up here. They don't just work with off roaders but all user groups and have helped out many areas in southern Alaska already. This could also be a first critical step in getting clubs in the interior to work together on a common goal.

Messages In This Thread
AOAA at the Outdoor Show - by akram - 09 Apr 11, 09:56 pm
AOAA at the Outdoor Show - by 88XJ - 10 Apr 11, 02:44 am
AOAA at the Outdoor Show - by ak_petey - 10 Apr 11, 09:40 am
AOAA at the Outdoor Show - by akram - 10 Apr 11, 10:25 am
AOAA at the Outdoor Show - by akram - 14 Apr 11, 08:07 am
AOAA at the Outdoor Show - by akram - 14 Apr 11, 01:08 pm
AOAA at the Outdoor Show - by Dr Brian - 14 Apr 11, 06:31 pm
AOAA at the Outdoor Show - by AKMark - 14 Apr 11, 07:06 pm
AOAA at the Outdoor Show - by ChevyKev - 15 Apr 11, 07:37 am
AOAA at the Outdoor Show - by akram - 15 Apr 11, 10:45 pm
AOAA at the Outdoor Show - by akram - 16 Apr 11, 06:54 pm