Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rex Trail
It's not unheard of for "The Man" to close roads seasonally. Usually it's a winter closure, but in Rex's case it could be a summer closure. Try driving the Denali Hwy in January and see what happens... "The Man" isn't overstepping any bounds by ticketing, fining, whatever (I didn't actually read the other thread) someone who leaves the "road" and tears up the surrounding countryside. If the designated "road" is getting torn up then that's a horse of a different color and another facet of the "conundrum". If the "road damage" results from poor maintenance of a public "road", can J.Q. Public be fined for tearing up a poorly maintained "road"? How could you possibly maintain a "road" that's realy just a line through a muskeg swamp? Anyone watch History channel? The truckers know they can't drive on a lake after the ice melts and, at least to me, muskeg seems right up there with driving over a lake. The difference is that although roid-raging, big-tire-truck driving, mudslinging, not caring about the environment dip$#!ts don't need signs telling them not to drive on water, a few signs saying an area can't actually be crossed when melted might be called for.

I'm not calling roid-raging, big-tire-truck driving, mudslinging, not caring about the environment dip$#!ts dumb for wanting to drive through muskeg. (or maybe I am) They just have a bit too much stubborn arrogance in thinking their rigs can go anywhere and that pretty much overrides any common sense they may actually possess.

Messages In This Thread
Rex Trail - by 78calico - 10 Jan 08, 10:01 pm
Rex Trail - by akram - 10 Jan 08, 11:00 pm
Rex Trail - by ZMonster - 11 Jan 08, 01:24 am
Rex Trail - by ChevyKev - 11 Jan 08, 01:22 pm
Rex Trail - by TJVigilante - 11 Jan 08, 08:42 pm
Rex Trail - by ChevyKev - 12 Jan 08, 12:37 am
Rex Trail - by ZMonster - 12 Jan 08, 01:40 am
Rex Trail - by 78calico - 12 Jan 08, 02:28 am
Rex Trail - by ZMonster - 12 Jan 08, 02:43 am
Rex Trail - by SHoppe715 - 13 Jan 08, 03:04 pm
Rex Trail - by Ronster - 12 Jan 08, 08:33 am