Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Long Arm Tech
AK20 Wrote:You would want the links as long as possible(within reason) to help keep them fairly flat when viewed from the side, this creates an instant center in front of the truck which helps with anti-squat...So if you are going to be lengthen the WB by 10 or so inches you still might be able to use the stock mounts.

Tri-4 link vs. Three link with panhard...a couple reasons, 1. higher roll axis. 2. To minimize roll induced rear steer. 3. More stable, etc. etc.

All true. But you don't want too much anti squat. You want (forgive this) the right amount, you know, the whole three bears thing. Too much and it can create really odd handling and can hurt ya' on hill climbs. too little and it can unload your tyres.

Joe, you are up on your trig... envision how things work in your head. the longer the link, the less the axle will move forward or rearward. Therefore the chance of less flex steer. You will still want to thoroughly plan it out, there are a lot of key factors to keep in mind, especially being that it is going to be a dailey driver. There are some really good books to study four link geometry and theories... I will have to check what the names are. I have also found a few good things online as well...I'll try to find the link and post it.

Messages In This Thread
Long Arm Tech - by TJVigilante - 05 Apr 07, 04:57 pm
Long Arm Tech - by AK20 - 05 Apr 07, 05:59 pm
Long Arm Tech - by mousee - 06 Apr 07, 05:13 pm
Long Arm Tech - by AK20 - 06 Apr 07, 07:14 pm
Long Arm Tech - by crazy4ink - 07 Apr 07, 07:42 am
Long Arm Tech - by ZMonster - 18 Jan 08, 03:54 am
Long Arm Tech - by Angler - 18 Jan 08, 12:19 pm
Long Arm Tech - by akdsmer - 18 Jan 08, 03:41 pm
Long Arm Tech - by ZMonster - 18 Jan 08, 10:24 pm
Long Arm Tech - by akram - 19 Jan 08, 12:58 am
Long Arm Tech - by ZMonster - 19 Jan 08, 03:40 am