Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Real world what fits / what hits
Rolleyes How do I say this the best????

What AK20 said!

He is right on. A t-case drop kit will help with the binding issue some of the driveshafts, definately a plus and I was gonna mention it but you did first.

Young's is the only place in town that can lengthen and balance your driveshafts. They tend to be very pricy. Ask first. However.... Before you just go with them, check a few websites out for high angle drivelines - they may be very similar in price to what you'll pay young's and they're designed better.

Jesse at "High Angle Driveline" used to post up on here occasionally.
And there are other companies that I can't currently think of right now that build similar items.

I think you could squeeze 37's on 6" lift - like AK20 mentioned - minor trimming may be required. 8" lift I ran 38.5's and now 39.5's but I also trimmed quite a bit.

Anbother note: Think about a trans upgrade. I know that isn't what you wanted to hear - but I burned up a 700R4 in very short time with 38.5's. IN stock form they simply aren't made to handle that much weight. If you plan on keeping it for a long time and want to run 37's, get as big of an extra trans cooler you can, and don't use the overdrive. You can get these built up to be tougher, but in stock form they simply don't handle excess weght and larger tires.

That being said, what gears are you running in the axles? What axles are you running, and do you ever plan on locking either front or rear?

Had I had 4.56 in the axles the 700 might have lasted longer - but I doubt it would have been too much longer. 4.10's are minimal I would run with 37's. 3.73's would work for 35's, but I'd again recommend 4.10's. If lower, it will seem like a dog on performance, and your trans will hate you.

Also, if you lock axles and they are 10 or 12 bolts with 37's you will most likely break them eventually. I had no trouble with 10 bolts and 35's. Added 38's and they did ok until I locked 'em - then my second trip out I blew the front 10 bolt into pieces!

All this "advice" and or "opinions" come from experience. I'm not saying you can't do something different than me, but in my experience, some things work, and a lot of things don't.

Messages In This Thread
Real world what fits / what hits - by Bulldog - 05 Apr 07, 04:28 pm
Real world what fits / what hits - by AK20 - 05 Apr 07, 06:07 pm
Real world what fits / what hits - by Bulldog - 05 Apr 07, 06:48 pm
Real world what fits / what hits - by AK20 - 05 Apr 07, 07:01 pm
Real world what fits / what hits - by Bulldog - 05 Apr 07, 07:32 pm
Real world what fits / what hits - by Bulldog - 05 Apr 07, 08:55 pm
Real world what fits / what hits - by AK20 - 05 Apr 07, 09:36 pm
Real world what fits / what hits - by ChevyKev - 05 Apr 07, 09:43 pm
Real world what fits / what hits - by ChevyKev - 06 Apr 07, 08:13 am
Real world what fits / what hits - by Bulldog - 06 Apr 07, 10:34 am
Real world what fits / what hits - by sevenslats - 06 Apr 07, 11:09 am