Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Real world what fits / what hits
Twin_Kings Wrote:Looking at Superlift's website to see what kits to order and noticed:

6"&8" systems:
"1977½-91 models require clearancing (machining) of the front driveshaft CV cluster to prevent binding. If vehicle has single exhaust, the cross-over pipe requires modification to clear front driveshaft."
How involved is this? I suppose it actually has to be machined rather than just using a hand grinder to eliminate/minimize vibration.

First off, what tranny/tcase are you running, as this will play a major roll in what mods to the driveshaft you'll have to do. Second, if you need to clearance the driveshaft it's not that involved and can be done with an angle grinder...you just need to trim back the CV side a little to let the joint turn at a greater angle...no biggie really.

Twin_Kings Wrote:8" systems:
"Both driveshafts need to be lengthened."
Any ideas how much this may cost?

This might be true with both the 6 or 8 inch lifts, worst case to have your driveshafts re-tubed your looking at a couple hundred bucks for both.

Side note, I know you sound dead-set on Superlift...but I'll throw this out there. I have ran two different BDS lifts for 73-87 chevy's, best hands down kit for the money you can get IMO...also has the best warranty in the business(compare between the companies on this for proof). These kits can be bought in town for the Performance Shop, yes lots of people will bad mouth the guy...and yes he is weirdo and I wouldn't buy anything else besides BDS products from him. Anyway, he has all the parts for 4, 6, or 8 inch lifts for your truck, in stock. If you look at his prices they are the same or a little cheaper than if you bought a comparable lift and payed shipping.

Messages In This Thread
Real world what fits / what hits - by Bulldog - 05 Apr 07, 04:28 pm
Real world what fits / what hits - by AK20 - 05 Apr 07, 06:07 pm
Real world what fits / what hits - by Bulldog - 05 Apr 07, 06:48 pm
Real world what fits / what hits - by AK20 - 05 Apr 07, 07:01 pm
Real world what fits / what hits - by Bulldog - 05 Apr 07, 07:32 pm
Real world what fits / what hits - by Bulldog - 05 Apr 07, 08:55 pm
Real world what fits / what hits - by AK20 - 05 Apr 07, 09:36 pm
Real world what fits / what hits - by ChevyKev - 05 Apr 07, 09:43 pm
Real world what fits / what hits - by ChevyKev - 06 Apr 07, 08:13 am
Real world what fits / what hits - by Bulldog - 06 Apr 07, 10:34 am
Real world what fits / what hits - by sevenslats - 06 Apr 07, 11:09 am