Poll: Where have you been tracked down?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
On vacation
12.50%
1 12.50%
In a meeting
0%
0 0%
At the movies
0%
0 0%
In the bathroom
12.50%
1 12.50%
While sleeping
0%
0 0%
In the car
0%
0 0%
while on another phone
12.50%
1 12.50%
during other "indisposed" times
62.50%
5 62.50%
Total 8 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Homepage poll: Strangest cell phone call
Where is the weirdest place you've ever been called?
I went with other. Not necessarily wierd, but it was while I was hanging sideways in a tree trying to cut branches off of phone lines and such at my dad's house and trying not to fall or kill my self with the chainsaw flingin around. Phone rang. My dad said ignore it so I did. It rang again and again so finally I answered it and as I did that I dropped the running chainsaw straight to the ground.
I get phone calls all the time when I'm hanging from trusses. Talk about annoying.
How many of the recent ones are from me?
Actually, you seem to keep catching me on the road. That I can handle.Smile
you forgot: "All of the above."
That would apply to me.
Got tracked down while Elk hunting in Colorado. It was a four hour ride in a CJ-5 down a narrow and winding trail back to the nearest phone. The lodge down there waited two days before the Air Force member that had called them were convinced to drive out to get me.

They came out to the cabin we were in and said "You have an important call at the lodge. Some AF guy has called every couple of hours trying to reach you."

So I left the hunting party and went to call my boss. I figured my leave had been canceled or something to that affect. No, they wanted to know if I could deploy in three months. I asked why it was such a big deal, and I guess a Chief wanted to know for sure.

Frustrated after a five minute phone call killed over eight hours of my day, I went back to the cabin.

When I returned from leave, I got yelled at for not posting a phone number where I could be reached. I quickly pulled out a map of where we were at, and proved there wasn't electricity, phones, or running water out there. The supervisor backed off on yelling, but said for future reference I should ensure I check the place I've listed as a contact number more often when on leave.

When that guy retired, I threw a good riddance party.
Yep, you need an all of the above catergory.

Also on the baseball field, boating down the river, during a haircut, and at a funeral/wedding.