Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Update your rig status here!
god where do i start

81 chevy 3/4ton started stock sb350 th350 np208 and weaker axles with wopping 3:42 gears in them, put a 6" bds suspension lift on it and some 35s, wasnt satisfied and wanted more... parked it almost 2 years ago and started tearing into her, as she sits she has no engine no tranny no tcase no bed no front axle and no hood installed... what i have for it now to be put on/in 327 small block fresh rebuild, doing about 330 est. hp, has a truck avenger carb, holley intake, accel super coil, and yeah... sm465 transmission, np203 tcase, ORD tcase doubler kit, ORD triple stick shifter kit, ORD High Steer kit, Energy Suspension polyurethane bushing kit, DANA 60 front end with some kind of magic happening in it, dunno what all i know is theres clutch packs??? 42 inch super swampers (squeeking the fit on this one), bucket seats, 4 point harnesses, and i think thats it so far...

what i have installed HA, 8" superlift/procomp suspension kit, some wonderful stainless steel brake lines, GM 14 bolt FF rear axle needs new gears, but i have installed the ORD disc brake kit on it, uh and thats it...

what i need so dearly, 2wd chevy steering box, np205 tcase, at this point i dont care what it was mated to as long as it was a chevy, i can change the input shaft for all i care, need to get some ubolts for the front axle because youngs is yeah (might order from BTF) i need to regear the rear axle, get an exhaust system of some sort, do a manual transmission linkage swap thingy, figure out how the brakes go on the 60, get pads, get hubs for the 60 and then i can be done!!! and drive the sob!!!

and sometime in the far future ive thought about 4linking the rear end... i think it would be fun to try...
One more upgrade....

Kenne Bell Blower is getting installed during our road trip back to the east coast. Going to be stopping in L.A. for a few days...
Rob, thanks for the tour last night. I've never seen a set up like your jeep has before. It's really cool.
Advent Wrote:Mine's in a different parking lot now.

lol! Please tell me you drove it to the other parking lot instead of 'accidentally' finding it there. UAF can be really mean about towing people's vehicles...

AKJeeper Wrote:Please tell me you drove it to the other parking lot instead of 'accidentally' finding it there. UAF can be really mean about towing people's vehicles...

Towed it. Can't legally drive it, remember?

I should have gotten pictures of towing it though. I'm sure they'll try to use it moving as a reason to pull my parking permit/red tag.
Advent Wrote:
AKJeeper Wrote:Please tell me you drove it to the other parking lot instead of 'accidentally' finding it there.  UAF can be really mean about towing people's vehicles...

Towed it. Can't legally drive it, remember?

I should have gotten pictures of towing it though. I'm sure they'll try to use it moving as a reason to pull my parking permit/red tag.

Registration tags are still current (non-expired), right? As long as the tags aren't expired and you move it (or have it moved) before they plow the parking lots, you'll be fine. The parking enforcement people there don't even notice the emissions decals - they're looking more for the parking permit.
AKJeeper Wrote:  The parking enforcement people there don't even notice the emissions decals - they're looking more for the parking permit.

The University people are our best source of information ....oops, I may have said too much. :-X

:police:
Are you a :police:? What do you do for a living?
akdsmer Wrote:The University people are our best source of information ....oops, I may have said too much. :-X

Yes, well, if you hear about my Land Cruiser, please don't pull my tag!

I've reported a couple people this winter...One guy left his poor dog in his rig at 40 below in my dorm's loading zone for hours. I reported that one because that dog looked MISERABLE.
last mod to the dodge was the CB and dual whips.
future mods (Kevin and Nate i still hope you do this before i get home) is a fabtec 5.5 suspension lift, 2in body lift,36in super swamper truxus sts, 16x10 center line cooler rims.
when i get home. shorty headers, nuimige blue flame gauge cluster and control inlays, subs under the rear seat,lock/ers 4:10 gears, winch and maybe a brush guard, u-joints, axle shafts and hubs.

and if i ever have the money a Whipple twin screw super charger and bigger injectors.
wheelable again! 8)

Still needs to get some things fixed, but as for now it can wheel again! The major problems are fixed. Now I simply need 2 to 3 days to tune and tweak and upgrade various things.

Other than fixing what I have now, I'd like to in the near future find some sort of onboard air or power tank set-up.
Greasable shackels would be nice.
Probably need to measure and re-fiugure what shocks to run so they aren't the limiting item on articulation.

Mostly - need to go wheeling! 8)
A Jeep guy offering to wrench on your Chevy was more then you could stand wasn't it Kev! :laugh:
TJVigilante Wrote:Are you a :police:? What do you do for a living?
He is the IM Master.
AKCJ8 Wrote:A Jeep guy offering to wrench on your Chevy was more then you could stand wasn't it Kev! :laugh:

Yeah, well, I tried - maybe it's mad at me for having it sit by a Jeep for 2 months!

For those taht didn't read the other post, the truck sprung the exact same leak on the way to Frbks. Then it blew a power steering hose. Very, very frustrated and can't figure out why my truck keeps spewing fluid.
Another pan gasket ? :o That lasted what two days? Something freaky is going on ???
Got rims for the beast yesterday. They were white wagon wheels, now they are flat black. They are 8 inches wide, with 4 inches of backspacing. I should have them mounted on Friday. They aren't pretty, but they match the rest of the truck.
ChevyKev Wrote:
AKCJ8 Wrote:A Jeep guy offering to wrench on your Chevy was more then you could stand wasn't it Kev! :laugh:

Yeah, well, I tried - maybe it's mad at me for having it sit by a Jeep for 2 months!
Maybe it needs that "Jeep guy" touch Kevin! Wink
STOMPR Wrote:Another pan gasket ?  :o That lasted what two days? Something freaky is going on  ???

2 days would have been nice, try 8 miles!

As for the thread topic, rig status - right now it has a 20 gauge pointed at it adn I'm debating wether it is worth pulling the trigger, because right now that would be so satisfying! And if I could guarentee body damage only, I'd do it! But with my luck, it's hit and puncture every fluid containing component in the truck! :o
Where's it leaking at Kevin? The back near the rear main seal? I'm not familiar with Chevy engines but I know the Jeep pan gaskets I have changer can be a pain in the corners where the seal over the rear main bearing cap meets the seal for the sides of the pan. I did a 4.0 Cherokee once that took 6 trys to get those corners to seal. A tab from one gasket had to fit precisely into a notch from the other.
AKCJ8 Wrote:Where's it leaking at Kevin? The back near the rear main seal? I'm not familiar with Chevy engines but I know the Jeep pan gaskets I have changer can be a pain in the corners where the seal over the rear main bearing cap meets the seal for the sides of the pan. I did a 4.0 Cherokee once that took 6 trys to get those corners to seal. A tab from one gasket had to fit precisely into a notch from the other.

Similar set up - they are much easier when the engine is upside down on a stand. However, the corners are fine, it is leaking form the front in the very middle. My brother suggested switching pans - I think that is a very good idea.
ChevyKev Wrote:  My brother suggested switching pans - I think that is a very good idea.

Sounds like a good plan... Keep the gun loaded and aimed at the grill so it knows you mean business! Smile
yeah thats what I always say Buck up and threaten the inanimate objects in your life they always seem to behave after that...... LMAO :laugh: :laugh:
well after today i will have my arb's oredered with either 529's or 570's havent decided yet ..soon as i finish the fsj today that is ! cant wait ..oh sold the jeep so i can finish the 85 toy pick up ..also picked up some 63 in chevy springs for the rear and have waggy springs to rebuild the front with .. we will see looking good so far ..finished the front bumper my best one yet ! and the sliders now i have been collecting the metal for flat bed ..i have enough for the frame but still need some sheetmetal total price i spent so far on the build up ....100 bucks 50 for leds and grommets and another 50 for hardware not to bad i think .
Well I think I have the Dodge ready to go for the Arctic Winter. Here is a list of what I have done.
Battery Warmer Pyroil 80watt $36.10
Block heater Pyroil 600watts $56.77
Heat pads for oil pan and trany pan 150watts $84.22
Power Block 6ft $16.88
Ball joints $120.79
All synthetic fluids $100.00
Cap, rotor, wires, PVC valve and plugs $80.00
New front Rancho 5000 12" travel shocks $92.00

The Jeep is ready as well
Tune up and all fluids changed.
I installed a Block heater and a battery heater. I may install the oil pan heater when I get up north.
I still need to change out the rear pinion seal and she should be ready.
Dusty I love your sig, especially this line "But deliver us from Sierra club'ers", to funny! Anyway sound like your rigs are ready for the interior, hopefully by the time you get here most of the colder days will be behind us...not that it's even got close this year to winters past, but hey I'm not complaining!
Ya I just found that on line. I laughed my ass off. I have made sure to get everything done on the rig so I can hit the trail the day after I get into town. I don'thave to start work till the 19th Feb and I should be in town around the 13th. Looks like Fairbanks could use a couple more fullsize wheelers. You know where I can pick up a Ford Dana 60 frontend?