Arctic Offroad Forums
Homepage Poll: What is your final axle upgrade combo? - Printable Version

+- Arctic Offroad Forums (http://www.arcticoffroad.com)
+-- Forum: Talk (http://www.arcticoffroad.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: General 4X4 (http://www.arcticoffroad.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Home Page poll (http://www.arcticoffroad.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=30)
+---- Thread: Homepage Poll: What is your final axle upgrade combo? (/showthread.php?tid=979)

Homepage Poll: What is your final axle upgrade combo? - sevenslats - 14 Dec 06

Vote and discuss...

Homepage Poll: What is your final axle upgrade combo? - TJVigilante - 14 Dec 06

Don't know about final...but I'm looking at a 9" 35 spline detroit rear with disc brakes, and a 33 spline Dana 44 ARB with CTM ujoints.

Homepage Poll: What is your final axle upgrade combo? - Flawed - 14 Dec 06

Going with 4.88 gears, alloy axles front and rear, ECTED Locker in the front, and E-Locker in the rear.

Homepage Poll: What is your final axle upgrade combo? - AK20 - 15 Dec 06

I already have 1-tons with lockers for both ends and 4.56's, down the road I might upgrade to 5.13's or 5.38's. I could however see myself going to Rocks down the road, I do know a super secret squirel place that I might get them on the cheap so...

Homepage Poll: What is your final axle upgrade combo? - ChevyKev - 15 Dec 06

I don't know any secret squirrels - sometimes you make me wonder.... Big Grin
However, eventually rockwells will probably replace the current set-up
Which is 1 Ton's, locked fornt and rear, with 4.88:1 gears.

Homepage Poll: What is your final axle upgrade combo? - AK20 - 15 Dec 06

ChevyKev Wrote:I don't know any secret squirrels - sometimes you make me wonder.... Big Grin

That's why you don't know the location of these Rocks! Cool :whistle: lol!

Homepage Poll: What is your final axle upgrade combo? - akdsmer - 15 Dec 06

I didn't see upgrading to 1/2 ton as an option....Big Grin

currently locked up front and rear stock axles and gears. Looking at Dana 44s or Toyota axles with selectable locker in the front and a locker in the rear. Gears to remain close to the same (3.73).

Homepage Poll: What is your final axle upgrade combo? - STOMPR - 15 Dec 06

I said upgrade stock axles which are 1 tons currently with gears and lockers. I currently run 4:10`s Detroit rear and will be using the locked 60 front in my Diesel shortbed.

Homepage Poll: What is your final axle upgrade combo? - akram - 15 Dec 06

I'm with Kelly, didn't see 1/2 tons. Plan on full width 1/2 tons. 9.25 rear D44 front. 4.56 gears, detroit locker for the rear and ARB for the front.

Homepage Poll: What is your final axle upgrade combo? - ajpthng - 18 Dec 06

I think I'm just going to upgrade my stock axles for now. Not sure what I'm going to do way down the road but for now I think I'm going to just go with a Super 44 with 33 splines and an OX in the rear and a Super 30 with an ARB and 30 splines. For what I use my jeep for this will be more then plenty beef.

Homepage Poll: What is your final axle upgrade combo? - 4x4_MMMH_4x4 - 19 Dec 06

toyota will go to 3/4's eventually and chevy is sitting on 1 tons

Homepage Poll: What is your final axle upgrade combo? - Ronster - 19 Dec 06

Have the ARB locker for the front, now I just gotta do it. Maybe looking at a selecable for the rear. Hoping to not have to regear, but I am running 3.73s...

Homepage Poll: What is your final axle upgrade combo? - TJVigilante - 19 Dec 06

When you install that ARB, could you take pictures of how tie air line ties into the locker itself?

Homepage Poll: What is your final axle upgrade combo? - AKMark - 19 Dec 06

Question, are we actually ever done with axle upgrades. Anything can break, and when things magically appear in front of you, it's hard not to jump.

Homepage Poll: What is your final axle upgrade combo? - Ronster - 19 Dec 06

TJVigilante Wrote:When you install that ARB, could you take pictures of how tie air line ties into the locker itself?

Sure thing. I am hoping to get this in by the end of the year. Who knows, maybe some Christmas down time.......Rolleyes

Homepage Poll: What is your final axle upgrade combo? - Jamakeit - 22 Dec 06

my next rig build up will be a 60 front and 14 bolt rear, the 44 and Toy 8" has done the Yeti well but when it sells I'll start fresh with more beef under a FSJ or something else I can cut up and cage yet still seat 5 comfortablyBig Grin

Homepage Poll: What is your final axle upgrade combo? - ChevyKev - 26 Dec 06

Jamakeit Wrote:but when it sells I'll

The YETI is for sale? :eek:

Homepage Poll: What is your final axle upgrade combo? - Jamakeit - 26 Dec 06

yup, even with the 1-ton axle swap I still couldn't seat 5 for a day of fun wheelin so both the XJ and the Yeti will go up for sale if I can ever decide on a price.

Homepage Poll: What is your final axle upgrade combo? - ChevyKev - 26 Dec 06

Jamakeit Wrote:yup, even with the 1-ton axle swap I still couldn't seat 5 for a day of fun wheelin so both the XJ and the Yeti will go up for sale if I can ever decide on a price.
It's all about the family. Good on ya - but I'm sure you'll be sad to see them go.

Homepage Poll: What is your final axle upgrade combo? - 93hummer - 08 Jan 07

Right now I have the 10K heavy duty halfshafts and 2.73 gears (Gears are AMC-20). The geared hubs are 1.92 so that puts me at 5.24

I wanna go to the 12.5K halfshafts and 3.08 gears eventually, that would put me at 5.91, perfect ratio for 42's. The 12K shafts are about 40-50 % stronger than the stock light duty original shafts. The heavy duty 10K shafts I have in it now are 20% stronger than the stock light duty shafts.