Arctic Offroad Forums
Homepage Poll: Do you plan on doing a motor swap? - Printable Version

+- Arctic Offroad Forums (http://www.arcticoffroad.com)
+-- Forum: Talk (http://www.arcticoffroad.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: General 4X4 (http://www.arcticoffroad.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Home Page poll (http://www.arcticoffroad.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=30)
+---- Thread: Homepage Poll: Do you plan on doing a motor swap? (/showthread.php?tid=908)

Pages: 1 2

Homepage Poll: Do you plan on doing a motor swap? - sevenslats - 21 Nov 06

vote and discuss...

Homepage Poll: Do you plan on doing a motor swap? - Fix_It - 21 Nov 06

i have a 5.0 from a capri that will be going in the 82 toy bolted to a c-6 with a 205 .. i was going to use double toy cases but $$ with c-6 adapter and was cheaper to use all ford drive train . so we will see if the fordota can skip across the mud next year !

Homepage Poll: Do you plan on doing a motor swap? - AKMark - 21 Nov 06

Diesel baby! Who knows, down the road maybe my wheeler will have a diesel too.

Homepage Poll: Do you plan on doing a motor swap? - akdsmer - 21 Nov 06

It can be done. We have the technology. He will be better than before. Better, Faster, Stronger....

Fix_It Wrote:i have a 5.0 from a capri that will be going in the 82 toy bolted to a c-6 with a 205 .

Fuel Injected?

Homepage Poll: Do you plan on doing a motor swap? - AKLJ8 - 21 Nov 06

My Amphicar will be going from the stock Triumph Harold 1147 cc 42 Bhp engine to a blistering 1500 cc Triumph Spitfire engine with 71 Bhp! Cam you say muscle Amphi! Smile

I put the 1.6 into the zuki, I am currently putting a 95 2.0L into Lorna's 1954 Nash Metopolitan and I have a FI 302 and AOD that I still need to stuff into my Mustang.

akdsmer Wrote:Fuel Injected?
propane injected ! been working with GOTPROPANE.com and sounds like we have a winner ..and the guy is super easy to work with ...

did you know that propane is 110 octane ? i know you loose like 5-10 percent HP over gas but i get rid of the fuel pump and other issues with fuel injection like puters and stuff . mixer bolts right to manifold . cant wait to try it .

Fix_It Wrote:propane injected ! been working with GOTPROPANE.com and sounds like we have a winner ..and the guy is super easy to work with ...

did you know that propane is 110 octane ? i know you loose like 5-10 percent HP over gas but i get rid of the fuel pump and other issues with fuel injection like puters and stuff . mixer bolts right to manifold . cant wait to try it .

Gonna carry an extra propane cylinder on those long 4x trips...:p

There is some benefits, but make sure you take advantage of propanes benefits with more aggresive timing (and I don't mean base timing) and compression. Otherwise, you would be better of with gasoline. Almost every propane vehicle that comes in (I test all the propane vehicles in the borough) fail and run pig rich due to bad diaphrams. Of course, the cold up here is more likely to cause these failures than your "cold".

I rode in a propane rig last winter. It was sweet. However after riding in it for several hours, I wanted to grill something. Definately made me hungry.

This is the rig. It once was a 94 ZJ. Now it's sporting a 350, NV4500, Atlas 4.3:1 and only two seats. Very fun though.
[Image: cagerework01.jpg]

i was planning on using the bigger forklift tanks and he sells a adapter to be able to carry you BBQ grill tank for spares . i plan on using a electric blanket of sorts for help with cold use of the tank .

once i have the sytem here kelly , i hope you dont mind if i pick your brain a bit to get it right the 1st time .

http://www.gotpropane.com/p4.html#All

and here is the adapter for the c-4 to toy t-case if i wanted but i think it would be cheaper in long run to use all ford drivetrain and help keep it simple

http://eshop.advanceadapters.com/commerce/catalog/product.jsp?product_id=1456

mark a rig like thats looks like a blast , but up here it gotta be nuts . i dont mind the cold as much as i do the skito's chasing the tail pipe !

i dont know what it is about 94 zj's ? they had one roll on cherokee hill down here and later turned into a buggy as well i think it was called chuggy ?

Well that rig was in Arizona, don't remember where he was from.

I've seen a few 94 ZJ's have incidents that keep them from being street legal and so the owners have fun. The unibody does assist in mad flex when properly set up.

Homepage Poll: Do you plan on doing a motor swap? - TJVigilante - 21 Nov 06

Here you go. You ready? You sure? It's gonna be good.

I'm gonna stroke it.

Homepage Poll: Do you plan on doing a motor swap? - akram - 21 Nov 06

I'm happy with the 4.0 HO. Stompr swapped the old motor for the S&S motor that is in it now but it's essentially the same.

Homepage Poll: Do you plan on doing a motor swap? - ChevyKev - 21 Nov 06

I like building engines! Big Grin
Much easier than electrical problems. :angry:
I boted for already swapped - and in the blazer I have several times.

The original motor was replaced (after 215,000 miles) with a GMGoodwrench stock 350. That motor was stolen at a later date and is now in the Vega.

I thne put a Buick 455 in the Blazer - only to haveoil pump issues and never really got to run it hard. Was starting to get into fixing it when I got the offer to come back up here.

Seeing as I knew a 455 Buick wouldn't pass emmissions... I bought a1960 engine out of a GMC (got to drive it before I bought it) for $500 and drove it for over a year. However, that first winter of -40 on 43 year old seals lead to many oil leaks (and fires!)

So I rebuilt that engine and now it resides in the Blazer. It has 10:1 compression, bored .040, Edelbrock performer cam, intake, and carb, and headman headers.

I need to rebuild Skitzo's engine due to the modified block with external water passages. Internal are all good, and I have a few blocks that are contenders. It also had the 10:1 compression but was stock bore.

TJVigilante Wrote:Here you go. You ready? You sure? It's gonna be good.

I'm gonna stroke it.
Buy my Pacer and the head I have for sale! Big Grin

Sure, let me go out and trim my money tree.

Homepage Poll: Do you plan on doing a motor swap? - crazy4ink - 21 Nov 06

In our '66 Coronet 4-door, I am pulling the stock 318 for a 440 bored .031 over, .496 lift cam, 4 angle job on the heads, performer intake, 850 cfm Holley, headers, etc... should be about 500hp at the rear wheels.

In my Jeep, I'm thinking of going with a 4.6L stroker.

In the shop ZJ, Mousee and I are going to pull the 4.0L, swap in another one of the 440s I have, divorced t-case and rockwells.

Should be enough to keep us busy for a little bit...

TJVigilante Wrote:Sure, let me go out and trim my money tree.
Big Grin Got anything to trade?

not worth as much as the engine.

I built a 351W in high school with a 400 crank and 4V Cleveland heads. I had to do a ton of crank machine work to make it work. Went through three cranks before I got it right. That engine went like a raped ape in a 70 Bronco on the Florence Dunes...

Homepage Poll: Do you plan on doing a motor swap? - naturalbornmudder - 21 Nov 06

Quote:
In the shop ZJ, Mousee and I are going to pull the 4.0L

guess where that thing is going!>?!?!?!?!?

Heck ya I am going for more displacement.

Craig, is that your signature from MMMH? Rolleyes

akdsmer Wrote:Craig, is that your signature from MMMH? Rolleyes
What can I say... I like to laugh at myself! Big Grin

Homepage Poll: Do you plan on doing a motor swap? - crazy4ink - 21 Nov 06

naturalbornmudder Wrote:guess where that thing is going!>?!?!?!?!?

Heck ya I am going for more displacement.

I'll play your silly game....where's that engine going???
Big Grin No replacement for displacement!!!