Arctic Offroad Forums
2nd AOAA Meeting - Printable Version

+- Arctic Offroad Forums (http://www.arcticoffroad.com)
+-- Forum: Talk (http://www.arcticoffroad.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Land Useage/Permissions Discussion (http://www.arcticoffroad.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+---- Forum: Alaska Outdoor Alliance (http://www.arcticoffroad.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=47)
+---- Thread: 2nd AOAA Meeting (/showthread.php?tid=5481)

2nd AOAA Meeting - DeziDoo - 06 Jul 11

The second AOAA meeting will be held at the Noel Wien library off of Cowles St. at 6pm on Wednesday, July 13th to discuss further creation of the new chapter and the future of the chapter. If there are any points you would like to see brought up that hold relevance to AOAA and its mission, please do not hesitate to contact me with that information.

2nd AOAA Meeting - akram - 06 Jul 11

Dezi would you mind posting your contact info? Be aware this forum is viewable by the public. An email should suffice.

fbksaoaa@gmail.com is my e-mail for the organization.

2nd AOAA Meeting - ak_petey - 06 Jul 11

I would like to see an OHV trail system board/chapter/section developed; one that would help all OHV groups understand regulations, accessibility, and how to gain permissions to use certain types of land. There are a lot of questions about what is legal and what is not, I think that ALL OHV users could benefit from this type of chapter, not just clubs.

I would foresee this section either being comprised of knowledgeable individuals or an information list of where to and how to obtain: trail rights, permissions, accessibility, and locations.

2nd AOAA Meeting - Dr Brian - 06 Jul 11

I had a guy with air boat contacts & DNR dealings to come last month along with a curious state legislator...though the June meeting didn't happen. I may wait to come when some consistency happens so I don't look the fool again.

ak_petey Wrote:I would like to see an OHV trail system board/chapter/section developed; one that would help all OHV groups understand regulations, accessibility, and how to gain permissions to use certain types of land. There are a lot of questions about what is legal and what is not, I think that ALL OHV users could benefit from this type of chapter, not just clubs.

I would foresee this section either being comprised of knowledgeable individuals or an information list of where to and how to obtain: trail rights, permissions, accessibility, and locations.

Agreed! Thanks for the input, all of these ideas are in the forefront of the agenda for this new chapter.

Dr Brian Wrote:I had a guy with air boat contacts & DNR dealings to come last month along with a curious state legislator...though the June meeting didn't happen. I may wait to come when some consistency happens so I don't look the fool again.

Consistency during the summer months is going to be an issue no matter what, and it should be expected. I don't think this is reason enough to not show for meetings or put effort towards the chapter's future. The need for a group like AOAA to represent Fairbanks and the Interior requires all the support it can get.

If anyone comes across contacts like that, please do not hesitate to send them my way. I will assure them of the devotion to this cause and the creation of the new chapter by not only myself but by others who choose to support the AOAA and its mission.

2nd AOAA Meeting - akram - 10 Jul 11

Thanks for coming out to our meeting and speaking about AOAA. I should be at the meeting wed.

2nd AOAA Meeting - akram - 12 Jul 11

Bump for the meeting. Hope to see many people there. We need the word to get out about this. If you care about access to our trails come to the meeting and see how things go. Sitting back and watching isn't the way to get things done.

2nd AOAA Meeting - akram - 13 Jul 11

Hope to see some of you all in just a bit.

2nd AOAA Meeting - DeziDoo - 14 Jul 11

The future of AOAA was discussed, and the need for more members and people to show up consistently to the meetings. Great ideas were brought up and lots of chatter was had. Also, Kelly is a Capricorn, Mel is a Gemini, Shane is a....... Pisces? And I'm an Aries Big Grin

Thanks to all who showed up, it was a cozy meeting! There will be another near the end of next month and I'll make sure to post up as it gets closer!

2nd AOAA Meeting - akram - 15 Jul 11

Thanks for keeping us update on things and for heading this up. I'll be getting some fliers out on Wainwright and Eielson within the week. The big thing is we need to get the word out to all user groups and get folks involved. I know some people don't think we need this as we aren't facing big trail closures and such right now and that is the wrong answer. What about when we do? It'll be a little too late.