Arctic Offroad Forums
Homepage Poll: If you could go to any of the "famous" trails, which one would it be? - Printable Version

+- Arctic Offroad Forums (http://www.arcticoffroad.com)
+-- Forum: Talk (http://www.arcticoffroad.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: General 4X4 (http://www.arcticoffroad.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Home Page poll (http://www.arcticoffroad.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=30)
+---- Thread: Homepage Poll: If you could go to any of the "famous" trails, which one would it be? (/showthread.php?tid=2269)

Homepage Poll: If you could go to any of the "famous" trails, which one would it be? - sevenslats - 05 Mar 08

If you could go to any of the "famous" trails, which one would it be? (and why?)

Homepage Poll: If you could go to any of the "famous" trails, which one would it be? - nate379 - 05 Mar 08

Moab for sure.
I am going back down after EJS if you want to come. End of May I think.

Homepage Poll: If you could go to any of the "famous" trails, which one would it be? - ChevyKev - 05 Mar 08

I want to go to them all - and have some plans... Big Grin

However, Telico has always intrigued me because of my early years driving through the smokey mountains (grandparents lived on the NC coastline and us in the midwest) so we'd drive every year and I loved those mountains - then I saw these and those aren't so impressive anymore, but they were one of my first loves of nature.

Homepage Poll: If you could go to any of the "famous" trails, which one would it be? - 99TJ - 05 Mar 08

Probably Rubi for me, seems like just a "classic" trail

Homepage Poll: If you could go to any of the "famous" trails, which one would it be? - akram - 06 Mar 08

Well I've been to Tellico and would love to go again. So I would say Johnson Valley. It just looks nicer there to me.

Homepage Poll: If you could go to any of the "famous" trails, which one would it be? - Angler - 06 Mar 08

I plan to go to MOAB after this upcomeing deployment, I had the chance to go to tellico a few times when I lived on the east coast and am sorry I did not go because a large part of it has been shut down because guys not adhereing to tred lightly and were destroying creek beds

Homepage Poll: If you could go to any of the "famous" trails, which one would it be? - nate379 - 06 Mar 08

I almost ran Rubi this past fall, but after doing some research and finding out you need several permits and the rangers out like to give tickets for little stuff, like pulling off the "main" trail (like if you needed to fix something) I decided to go to Moab.
I think Cali can keep the Rubi if they would drop off the U.S. I'm getting tired of them passing on their ways to the rest of the normal U.S... It's bad here in Idaho since there are lots of Cali transplants. They get tired of dealing with Cali ways, but they come here and try to shove those ways onto everyone else.
If you want to drive your hybred, fine, but don't scoff and look down at me because I drive a pickup.

Shoot I think the last pack of T.P. I bought said it was known by Cali to cause cancer Big Grin

Homepage Poll: If you could go to any of the "famous" trails, which one would it be? - 78calico - 06 Mar 08

I drove through Moab once. I took that route to check it out in case I ever wanted to relocate.Smile I almost took a detour through Farmington NM as well but decided it was too far out of the way.

Homepage Poll: If you could go to any of the "famous" trails, which one would it be? - sevenslats - 06 Mar 08

nate379 Wrote:Moab for sure.
I am going back down after EJS if you want to come. End of May I think.

For how long? I can't burn much leave this summer.
Jon forwarded me the email from Brian McKinney about their trip. Or are you talking GSW?

Homepage Poll: If you could go to any of the "famous" trails, which one would it be? - sevenslats - 06 Mar 08

Uh-oh.
Get to Johnson Valley while you can.
http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=662802

Homepage Poll: If you could go to any of the "famous" trails, which one would it be? - AKMark - 06 Mar 08

I hate political land grabs, ruins everything. There's plenty of land in other areas that would be easier to take over than ones that are used heavily and designated for off road use. Besides, moving a base to a place with less population and lower cost of living will save lots of money to the taxpayers. There's lots of room at Yuma and Ft. Huachuka in Arizona that is surrounded by nothing, except maybe a few illegal immigrants trying to cross the border, expand those and leave good trails alone.

Homepage Poll: If you could go to any of the "famous" trails, which one would it be? - DieselPower - 06 Mar 08

None of them for me. Famous trail = lots of people. How about anywhere in the remote town of Walden, CO. That sounds good to me.Big Grin

Homepage Poll: If you could go to any of the "famous" trails, which one would it be? - arcticmutt - 06 Mar 08

Im with you on the whole too many people but I think that I would have to lean towards back forest trails in michigan Big Grin

DieselPower Wrote:None of them for me. Famous trail = lots of people. How about anywhere in the remote town of Walden, CO. That sounds good to me.Big Grin

Homepage Poll: If you could go to any of the "famous" trails, which one would it be? - akram - 07 Mar 08

I thought the same thing, but... When I went to Tellico it was a group of 10 rigs, we ran into one other group the whole time and they had 4 rigs with them. It's seems if you stay away from the big events there aren't as many ppl there.

Homepage Poll: If you could go to any of the "famous" trails, which one would it be? - Ronster - 07 Mar 08

I have been to Moab on a mountain bike during the fat tire festival. I would like to wheel slick rock and the poison spider trail there in the jeep. The lions back would be cool too, maybe someday...

Homepage Poll: If you could go to any of the "famous" trails, which one would it be? - sevenslats - 07 Mar 08

IIRC, lions back closed in 06.

Homepage Poll: If you could go to any of the "famous" trails, which one would it be? - trailkilla - 09 Jul 08

I would do them all but MOAB would have to be first

Homepage Poll: If you could go to any of the "famous" trails, which one would it be? - Stumblinman - 09 Sep 08

Is it me or do the votes seem to go up and down >? I swore it was higher a couple weeks ago :confused:

Homepage Poll: If you could go to any of the "famous" trails, which one would it be? - Stumblinman - 18 Feb 09

NEW POLL.......